TEN

All they could do was watch as the helicopter left without them.

"They abandoned us. Didn't they? No one's coming to save us now?"

"But why did they do that?"

"Maybe they thought that all of us were already fucking zombies."

"They would have killed us. They wouldn't have left us here alive if they thought that."

Suddenly Cheong-San ran over to the small fire and started kicking the pile of wood.

"What are you doing?"

"It's pointless. No one's coming. No one else is coming." He began to kick the 'sos' they made as well.

𖤐𖤐𖤐

Once the thunder went off, Y/n clutched her head and fell to the ground. Both Nam-ra and her groaned in pain.

Woo-jin ran over to Y/n and crouched near her while Su-hyeok was near Nam-ra.

"What's wrong? Are you ok?"

"Just fucking peachy."

Before he could say anything, more thunder was heard. Banging her head into the cement, Su-hyeok came running over towards her holding two pieces of cloth.

"This should help since it helped Nam-ra."

Muttering a thank you, hesitantly she got back up. Once she looked up, a droplet of water hit her nose.

"It's raining. Yes, it's raining!"

"It's pouring!"

Laughter followed shortly. Y/n started wishing she wasn't a halfbie.

Stupid fucking zombie.

She normally loved the rain, but now that her hearing is better than before she couldn't properly enjoy it since every single sound resonated through her ears.

"Ahh, it's so nice." Dae-su and Woo-jin were both laying down as they got drenched in rain.

Y/n laid back down, in a starfish position, and watched the rain fall. She'd be damned if she didn't try to enjoy the rain in the slightest.

Most of them were crying in the rain, probably hoping the rain would mask it, making their tears unnoticeable.

The only people, not full-on sobbing were Y/n, Cheong-San, Nam-ra, and Su-hyeok.

A few minutes passed when Cheong-San suddenly got an idea, he walked towards Joon-yeong to get his thoughts on the matter.

"Joon-yeong, you know how the zombies will follow if they hear us? Maybe if we move every time there's thunder, they won't be able to. I don't think anyone is coming to save us."

Turning onto her stomach, she put her hand up and set her head on it, listening to Cheong-San's plan.

"Wouldn't you rather die trying to get out than die here?"

"All right then, what do you have in mind?"

"If we take the back door of the auditorium, to the tennis courts, and then go right through the English center, we can get to the mountain."

𖤐𖤐𖤐

"If we manage to reach the mountain, we can make it to Yangdong. I've been hiking there a few times with my dad."

"Even still, isn't this suicide?"

"Anything we do will be suicide. It's either we die up here or die trying." Y/n knew it was dangerous for them, but since she's already bit she can protect them, no?

"I'm not going. I'm scared. What are we gonna do if the zombies catch us?"

"It's not like anyone is going to save us if we stay here. We're the only ones who can save ourselves. Let's go. If anything goes wrong, I'll scream and lead the zombies away. That way none of you will get hurt, okay? So let's do this."

"Don't say that. We're all gonna make it."

"If anyone dies tonight, it will be me." Y/n was going to make sure that stayed a lie.

"Because of the rain, all the scents came to me at once. They got mixed up, the rain is really loud too. I'm sure the zombies' senses are dulled." Unsure if the same happened to Y/n, Nam-ra only spoke for herself.

"If that's what a halfbie says, it should be reliable. Are you guys ready? Nam-ra and Y/n are strong, so they'll keep up. Let's take her word and go."

"I think some of us might not be able to keep pace."

"We can't have anyone fall behind, let's pair up and hold hands."

While almost everyone declined Dae-su's hand, he was about to put it down when someone grabbed it.

"Let's go, don't want to fall behind, right?" Dragging Dae-su along, he was happy someone took his hand.

Being alone in their situation was scary, terrifying even, so having a halfbie help him kept him thankful and less on edge.

𖤐𖤐𖤐

Making it to the office, Woo-jin almost fell down the stairs. Fortunately, he caught himself and ended up skipping 3 steps instead.

Running outside they all crouched behind a fence, out of the zombie's sight. Going behind the bushes, they ran once thunderstruck.

Since it was raining everything was slippery, causing a few people to slip up.

Once they were all hiding behind a semi-truck, that crashed into the school, one by one they climbed under it.

Most of the pairs let go of each other's hands to do so. Cheong-San suddenly stood up, staring at something on the other side of the truck.

"Is that you, mom?"

Starting to climb over, On-jo pulled him back down.

"Cheong-San, no!"

Su-hyeok and On-jo both stood up, while Cheong-San stayed on the floor in a daze.

"What the hell. Damn it!"

Dae-su's yelling brought him out of the daze and he stood up watching them fight against his mom.

Dae-su and Joon-yeong were too busy fighting the zombie that they didn't realize it was Cheong-San's mom.

"There's another zombie here!"

"Stop it."

While both Dae-su and Joon-yeong started hitting the zombie, Cheong-San started begging them to stop.

"I said stop that!"

Getting over the truck, he ran towards the two and pushed them away from the zombie, who was once known as his mom.

Suddenly Cheong-San started throwing punches at Dae-su, all while shouting at him, taking all his pent-up emotions out on Dae-su.

Unknowingly, his shouting started attracting more zombies.

Since they were dealing with the zombie, the rest of the group just went around the truck instead of crawling under.

A/N

Cheong-San's reaction to seeing his mom as a zombie was sad tbh. 😕