24. Seventh Heaven

(Final Fantasy 7 and Assassin Creed are not mine. The picture above is a screenshot from the game.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Tifa, "Here's your Deluxe chocolate drink, Aerith."

Aerith beamed, "Thank you Tifa. Is this from the cocoa beans I have been supplying you?"

Tifa grinned, "Yup, your products are quite popular Aerith. And my workers get really great tips too."

Aerith, "I got you more flowers."

Tifa smiled brightly, "Aww! You are so sweet Aerith. I love your flowers, they are beautiful."

Tifa smiled happily from behind the bouquet Aerith had given her. Aerith beamed at her in return, her girlfriend was truly amazing. Not only did she know how to cook and run a restaurant slash inn, being in her presence made Gaia calm. It was calm around Cloud too, but he was like a younger brother to her at this point. Turns out, she was older than him by a few months and she didn't mind at all, especially after she found out she was not the only Cetra.

Flashback:

Cloud, "You are Ilfana's daughter right?"

Aerith looked at him surprised, "How did you know?"

Cloud, "We found her diary, actually. Did you know my Dad and your parents were friends?"

Aerith blinked curiously, "I didn't know that. I don't know much about my parents to be honest."

Tifa entered the room they were talking in, "We don't know much about Cloud's Dad too, except for a bunch of memories Cloud has."

Cloud, "As far as I can remember, Dad was very warm, loving, protective and friendly. I don't remember anything else beyond that."

Aerith, "My mom was brave and strong, she helped us escape from a horrible man."

Tifa's face fell, "Hojo, we know."

Aerith tensed, "My parents were not the only ones he hurt, was it?"

Cloud looked at the table in anger, "He killed my Dad, he killed Vincent and experimented on him, turning him less human."

Aerith growled, "That man has no limits.... Is that why you want to join Shinra? You want revenge?"

Tifa looked at Cloud, "I have been wondering the same."

Cloud shrugged, "I don't know, if I will be able to get revenge without any negative backlash. I have family and friends to think about too, you know. The real reason is to show the world, he is a murderer and very unstable."

Tifa nodded, "Count me in. I know for a fact Desmond and Ace is involved in this or at least they know. They would not let you come here otherwise."

Cloud gave a wry smile, "And since when have we been able to hide anything from the two of them. I swear, they sometimes know what we are going to face without even us telling them. I am pretty sure they knew about Zack proposing to me before I even opened my mouth."

Aerith giggled, "He had the whole bar decked out in flowers for it. I made a very pretty penny that day."

Tifa sat next to Aerith, "Too true. Anyways, Aerith, we may have gone through your mother's journal. Mind you, we were actually trying to find a clue about what happened to Cloud's Dad back then. And we learned that you and your mom were gifted just like Cloud and his cousins here."

Aerith looked curious, "Gifted, in what way exactly?"

Cloud, "Do not freak out, I will show you."

Aerith nodded and watched as Cloud closed his eyes before opening them again. Aerith gasped while Gaia beamed, Aerith swears, Gaia fucking beamed in the back of her head. Cloud's eyes were different, not exactly glowing like mako but there was definitely power behind it. Aerith was shocked then ecstatic about what this meant for her. She was not alone in this world. There were others like her, sure they might slightly different but details.