Chapter 7

Haneul POV
It's been two days since Jeongwoo has been in the hospital. He isn't exactly hurt anywhere but the doctors ran all tests just to make sure he was doing well.

Internally there was no damage to him, why he'd suddenly faint like that was still unknown but the doctors believe that he fainted after something traumatic happened to him.

He won't speak to anyone. His mom called us today in hopes that he would start talking to me , Jihoon and Junkyu atleast.

I haven't talked to Haruto after that. I guess I'm still scared. He keeps approaching me but I have made it very clear that if he doesn't leave me alone, I will expose him to the school.

***
Doyoung called us all in the school common room after dinner. As we sat there, no-one dared to break the silence.

"What did the teacher say?" Junkyu asked as Doyoung got off the phone.

Doyoung: Nothing's broken. It's just a mild concussion. But he can't speak yet. Maybe because of the shock ... Anyway. It could have been worse.

Junkyu: *scoffs* Worse? *yells* It could have been you laying in that hospital!

Hyunsuk: (in a low voice) Honestly... I can't trust anyone here. He's still here. The one who hurt our Jeongwoo.

Yedam: (low voice) Who is it really?! (raises voice) WHO DID IT ?!

My eyes never left Haruto. I knew exactly who did it. I saw him beside Jeongwoo. I was an inch away from exposing him. But I didn't. Because my stupid feelings for him wouldn't let me.

Yedam: Is it you? *pointing at Junkyu*
Is it you? * pointing at Mashiho.*
(Yells) IF IT'S NO-ONE THEN WHO WAS IT?!

Doyoung: Calm down! *deeply breathes in* That's why we're gathered here today. From now on... no-one can get out of the school till we find the ghost.

Hyunsuk: It's not me. Look here *shows a small fabric bag* No ghost can bring coarse salt!

Junghwan: It's not me either. I do YouTube. If I was a ghost, no-one would be able to see me.

Doyoung: *pointing at himself*As y'all know, I'm the class rep. It would've been impossible for me to be the ghost.

Junkyu: *crosses his arms* Then it's not me either. If I was a ghost, how could I have a girlfriend?

Yedam: By the way, has anyone here seen his girlfriend? He's so open...yet no name and not even a picture of hers... From the start.. you didn't have one. Did you? To fake as a human...

Junkyu: What?

The entire room was now staring at Junkyu and giving him looks.

Jihoon: I saw her. Junkyu's girlfriend.

Jihoon: Yoshi, how did you know Jeongwoo will get hurt?

Junkyu: Oh yes! That tarot card reading he did that morning!

Yoshi: No. Its not me. *Looks at Haruto and smirks.* Is it?

Yoshi?! Yoshi knows?

Yoshi: You really want to know who the ghost is? What should I do? *looks at Haruto again* Should I prove myself?

I got up. "Yoshi." I said. "Don't take it too far."

"Why? Why are you taking his side? When you yourself know very well what he did to your best friend?!" he asked.

"Yoshi. Let's sort this out among ourselves. There's no need to have this discussion in front of others."

" Haneul. It's time to get back your senses. This needs to be done."

" What are you guys talking about?" Yedam asked standing up. " You know who it is...don't you?" He asked pointing towards me and walking closer.

" Yedam. Now's not the time for this." I said still backing away.

" I almost failed my monthly evaluation because of that jerk! I deserve to know who he is atleast!" Yedam yelled.

" Stay away from her, you jerk. You're scaring her!" Haruto said standing up.
" Yedam you're taking it too far." Jihoon said closing in between Yedam and I.

Once he sat again, Yoshi pulled out his phone and played a audio with drum beats.

Mashiho: What is this?

Hyunsuk: *sighs* no way... It's a shaman song to scare away evil spirits...

Yoshi: That's right. Yuhanjing... Just wait. You'll find out who the ghost is soon...

I looked over concerned at Haruto. He seemed to be shaking but everyone was too busy covering their ears to notice.

I heard him breathe in sharply, as if he was in pain and I walked straight to the table to turn it off. But Jaehyuk reached before me and he shut the music off.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Yoshi yelled.

Jaehyuk: Don't you think it's too violent?

Yedam: Are you worrying about the ghost? What about the things the ghost did to us? Wasn't that violent?

Mashiho: I agree. The ghost started all this.

Jaehyuk conveniently ignored their comments and turned to face Doyoung.

Jaehyuk: Ya Kim Doyoung, you call yourself the class rep?

Doyoung: *standing up* What?

Jaehyuk: You're making us doubt each other!

Doyoung: Then what did you do for our class?! You only care about your grades.

Haruto stood up. "Stop it both of you. I'm tired of this..." He said in a tired voice and walked away towards his dorm room.

***
Third person POV:

«Say it to me again"I'm alright" with these words"I'm alright" with this spellI try hard to turn away my broken heartEven if tears fall, I can wipe them away againEven if this night is long, close your eyes for a momentTomorrow's gonna be fine»

«Say it to me again
"I'm alright" with these words
"I'm alright" with this spell
I try hard to turn away my broken heart
Even if tears fall, I can wipe them away again
Even if this night is long, close your eyes for a moment
Tomorrow's gonna be fine»