Chapter 5

Haneul POV

The next morning, I woke up with the worst headache I'd ever experienced and my body feeling sore and as if kept in a freezer. It was freezing cold.

No it wasn't cold. I put my hand on my forehead. It was burning hot. I had a fever.

I fumbled around to find my phone to check the time... I found a note instead.

Haneul,
I'm sorry. You have a fever and should rest. I'll let our classmates know that you're sick and won't attend school today. Please don't tell anyone about anything you saw last night. Let's talk about it when you're better. I'm really sorry. Sorry a million times. Get well soon.
Haruto.

Haruto. That word brought back every feeling I'd experienced last night. Betrayal, Empathy, Disappointment and FEAR.

I was scared of the guy I liked. And even although all that happened last night, I couldn't stop liking him.

A/N: THE LYRICS ON THE RIGHT SIDE EXPRESS HARUTO'S THOUGHTS WHILE THE HANEUL'S THOUGHTS ARE WRITTEN ON THE LEFT. THE LYRICS ARE FROM THE SONG "GONNA BE FINE."

I saw him when he checked if I was okay... He was always there for me explaining every corner of the school when I just had joined...

Everyday my sighs pile up...
With the memories
I hold in my hands...

I need to listen to his side of the story too... A story never just has one side. Maybe he's right. Maybe he's the good ghost. I want to believe that he is.

Even if this night is long,
close your eyes for a moment
Trust me today

I want to trust him. I really want him to be nice. I think over the time my liking for him changed into something more. I think I love him. And it's not going away. I want to stop loving him. But I can't. His smile and beautiful human eyes find their way in front of my eyes everytime I think about anything bad he could ever do.

Tomorrow's gonna be fine
Believe in me again
Tomorrow's gonna be fine

***
{2 days later}

Jeongwoo and Jaehyuk visited me after dinner. They managed to sneak me a little late night snack.

However when Jeongwoo was about to say something about what had happened to Junkyu at school, Jaehyuk stopped.

My thoughts were already imagining Haruto smiling evilly while he killed Junkyu but by heart stopped my mind from thinking any further.

He isn't bad.
Please tell me he isn't.

My mom called me home that night.
"Haneul-ah... Come home for a while. Let me take care of you. You've been sick for a while. Come stay with us for a week. "

This is a much needed escape for me. It's something I really need. An escape from reality.

Yeonhee helped me pack my bags. I texted Hyunsuk, Junkyu, Jeongwoo, Jaehyuk and Jihoon that I'll be leaving for a while.

***
Doyoung texted to check in on me.

Doyoung 12-4

Haneul
How are you feeling?

I'm better
Thanks for asking

Heard you're going to your
home for a while...

Yeah.
I'll not be attending class for a
week or so

We're organising the spring
festival this time
I thought you'd enjoy

I'm sorry... I already packed my bags...
I'll come back on the day of the
spring festival

Okay! See you then!
Take care!

Thank you!!!

***
The following day, as my car arrived, I hauled my bag into the back of the car. I'll come back with my feelings sorted.

As the car sped, I caught a figure in the mirror. The tall figure I could never forget. Someone so scary yet beautiful. Haruto.

He stood there, slouched as he started at the back of my car. Tears filled my eyes when I saw him. I don't know why. Maybe the thought of leaving him behind even just for a week was painful for me.