Chapter 4

Haneul POV

"Asahi..?" I called as I entered the semi-lit art room.

Sure enough, he was sitting in front of a painting, as if deep in thought.
"I'm sorry for what happened today... The guys are getting too excited with this ghost thing and they'll find any way to entertain themselves."

He nodded.
"I'll... Go now." I said walking out of the room as I had said all I wanted to say.

"Haneul..." He said.
"Yeah?" I asked.

Asahi: The guys aren't wrong.

Haneul: What?

Asahi: There is a ghost in our class.

Haneul: Please Asahi... Not you too?! I thought you were the only smart one...

Asahi: He's in our class... Let them find him.

Haneul: You know what...

Haneul: Just leave it....

I said shaking my head walking out.

The entire class is delusional at this point. I don't even know what to say. How does someone even believe that there's a ghost in our class?!

***
The next day
{9 pm, Library}

"He promised to meet me at 9 pm... He's not here yet... It's not like him. He's the type to arrive ten minutes earlier than the given time."

***
{9:15 pm}

"He's still not here... Is he not coming on purpose? Does he not want help anymore?! Why did he even tell me to be here?"

***
{9:30 pm}

"It's been almost half an hour since I've been waiting for him. If he's not here in five minutes, I'm going to leave and go to bed. "

***
{9:45 pm}
Haruto... WHERE ARE YOU?!

"My patience is gone. I'm not going to stay here waiting for him any longer. Just five more minutes."

***
{10:00 pm}

I packed up all my stuff and the math homework that was sitting there, empty and alone.

I was definitely hurt because I was getting ghosted by the guy I like. No-one had ghosted me before. A simple text would've worked too...

Oh wait! I forgot my Korean History textbook in the classroom!!!

I walked slowly into the school building and up the stairs to the fourth floor where my classroom was.

It was dark in this corridor compared to the other corridors because no light from the lamps outside penetrated in. I turned on the flashlight from my phone as I walked towards my class.

The air was chilly and the darkness made it seem even eerier than usual. As I got closer to my class, I started hearing sobs.

What the hell was going on?!

I turned off my flashlight as soon as I saw a dim light from my class. It seemed as if someone was in there crying.

So as to not startle the person in the class, I silently peeked in.

I gasped as I realised what I saw.

Haruto was there with one sleeve hanging loose crying on the floor

Haruto was there with one sleeve hanging loose crying on the floor. There were fumes coming from his shoulder, from a visible injury I could even see from meters away.

That's when all my thoughts about nature changed. Seeing fumes come from his body and his eyes change shade into a inhuman color which was all visible even from metres away, made me realise that... He was indeed the ghost everyone in our class had been searching for.

I dropped to my knees, as silently as humanly possible. The thoughts in my head were all spinning in a spiral.

Asahi was right. There was a ghost in our class. Perhaps he was the one who messed up with Yedam's demo and made the crow crash into the window. It was Haruto who did it.

Haruto did it.
Haruto did it.
Haruto did it.
No it's not possible.
Haruto did it.
Haruto did it.
Haruto did it.
He isn't a ghost.
Haruto did it.
Haruto did it.
Haruto did it.
This is a nightmare Haneul wake up.
Haruto did it.
Haruto did it.
Haruto did it.
Your eyes are deceiving you.
Haruto did it.
Haruto did it.
Haruto did it.
You're just too sleepy.
Haruto did it.
Haruto did it.
Haruto did it.

I knew what I saw. I saw a ghost. And he was the guy I liked.

What do I do?!

I tried to get up but my shaky knees wouldn't let me.
GET UP HANEUL. GET OUT OF HERE. YOU HAVE TO RUN.

All this time, I had been studying alone in the library with a ghost?! Who knows what his intentions were! Did he want to kill me?!
HANEUL GET UP!!!!

I burst into tears unable to comprehend my thoughts. Sniffling into my hand trying to hide the noise, I cried in silence, crouched outside the classroom.

Inside the classroom, the sniffles had now stopped, sending me into full panic mode.

A now calm and composed Haruto walked out of the classroom and stared straight into my eyes making me scream.

***
Third person POV

"STAY....AWAY...FROM...ME!!!!" She screamed backing away from the ghost she saw in front of her.

"Haneul?" He asked as he realised who the girl crying on the floor had been.

"PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE...DONT KILL ME..." She sobbed as she backed away and crashed into a wall.
"PLEASE...." She begged.

He knew exactly what had happened. He realised she had seen him. He dropped down to his knees and tears filled his eyes yet again.

"I'm...not a bad person Haneul..." He began.

"You're not even a person!!! " She managed to yell through her sobs.

"Haneul...please listen..."

"Don't say my name!!!" She screamed. "Or I will tell the world you're a ghost!"

"Then run." He said turning cold. "Run if you don't trust me."

Even though her legs refused to listen to her, she managed to get up.

Without a second thought, she ran through the corridor, tears making her vision blurry as she crashed into a wall.

She fell on the ground, motionless.

"No!!!" He said running (well... flying) towards her.
"Haneul!!!" He asked as he tapped her in the face.

She was breathing. Thank God she's breathing... He picked her up and carried her to her room and laid her down.

If anyone who was not from class 12-4 was watching the scene, they would've fainted from seeing her body glide through thin air.

As he opened the door, he thanked God for letting her roomate be fast asleep. He layed her down on the bottom bunk carefully as he put a blanket on her.

Through his cold hands, he checked her temperature. Her fire-like hot skin burned against his ice-cold hands.

Something that nature was never meant to let happen. But it did.

Her temperature seemed to be rising as he stayed with her all night long, sitting by her bedside, monitoring each movement she made.

"I'm sorry." He constantly muttered under his breath.