Ch. 8 Leave us alone!

Start from the beginning

" Hey, everyone!" Two feminine voices called out.

Everyone turned their gaze and saw Annalise and Rachel stepping out of the forest and running towards them. Sam stands up, looking and feeling happy to see Annalise.

" I cannot believe you guys started the party without us!" Rachel shouts, faking a sad expression.

Paul brightly smiles when he sees his older brother's friend and Rebecca's older twin sister, Rachel, arriving at the party.

" Rachel!" Paul happily calls out. " I saved you a slice!" He grabs a watermelon slice and holds it to Rachel.

Rachel softly smiled when she saw her friend's younger brother. " Aww. Thanks, Paul. You are so sweet," She grabs the watermelon slice and takes a bite of it.

Paul bashfully stared at Rachel.

" Hey, Annalise!" Sam waved when he saw Annalise approaching him.

" Hey, Sammy!" Annalise kindly smiled, looking and feeling happy to see Sam.

Sam opened his mouth to say something, but he stopped when he saw Annalise's bright blue eyes looked a bit red. He also noticed tear-stained marks on her cheeks.

" Hey. Is everything alright?" Sam asked, his voice becoming softer so the others wouldn't hear.

Annalise sadly stared at her feet.

" It's my sister," Annalise murmured. " I don't know why but she hates me. She called me a Bastard child and said that my Dad isn't my Dad," She frowned.

Sam's dark brown eyes narrowed, feeling angry that Annalise's younger sister would say that to her.

" What is a Bastard child anyways? My teacher hasn't taught the class that word yet," Annalise lifts her head and stares at Sam.

Sam hummed in response. He remembered seeing his mother, thirty-one-year-old Allison Uley, look upset earlier in the morning. He saw her take her wedding ring off, throw it at his father's face, and kick his father out of the house.

That morning Sam found out from overhearing and seeing his mother cry that his father slept with another woman and had a bastard child with said woman.

" Mom. What do you mean by Dad has a bastard child?" Sam asked his mother.

Allison slowly turns her gaze to her son, and she stares at him sadly.

" A bastard child is a child born to parents who are not married to each other," Allison explained. " You are now a big brother, Samuelto your father's son at least," She lovingly rubbed her son's cheek.

" I have a brother?" Sam asked, looking and sounding confused yet slightly happy.

Allison nods her head in response.

" Yes. Your father's lover stopped by our house yesterday. Your father wasn't home. She confessed that she and your father fell in love on a business trip and that they had a child together. I even met the child. He seems like a sweet boyunaware of what his parents have done. She said that his name was Embry Call. He is currently six. So, he is four years younger than you," Allison responded.

" Can I be friends with my brother? I have always wanted a baby brother," Sam asked, looking and feeling excited.

Allison's gaze softened, and she fondly stared at her son. Despite being furious for what her husband, thirty-three-year-old Joshua Uley, did to her. She didn't have the heart to separate the two newly found brothers.