Ch. 8 Leave us alone!

Ten-year-old Sam Uley boredly watched his best friend, Andrew Lahote, chase after their friends at the beach. Leah Clearwater and Rebecca Black ran away from Andrew because he held a crab that he found in his grasp.

" Look! Look! Isn't it cool," Andrew widely smiled while chasing after Leah and Rebecca.

" Leave us alone, Lahote!" Rebecca snapped at Andrew.

" Yeah! Throw that crab away! It gives me the creeps!" Leah looked at Andrew in slight disgust.

" But it's cute!" Andrew shows off the crab to Rebecca and Leah.

" Paul! Tell your idiot of a brother to leave us alone!" Rebecca turns her gaze to Andrew's eight-year-old younger brother, Paul Lahote.

Paul ate a slice of watermelon with his best friend, eight-year-old Jared Cameron. He hears his name and turns to see his older brother chasing after Rebecca and Leah with a crab.

" Why me?" Paul asked.

" Because you are his brother!" Leah shouts in response. The trio was now running around in circles.

Paul turns his gaze to Sam.

" Sam! Can you?" Paul asked.

Sam sighed. He looked at his surroundings and frowned when he saw that the person he was looking for hasn't come to the bonfire.

" Sam!" Paul called out.

Sam looks away, and he turns his gaze to Andrew.

" Hey, Andrew! Leave the girls alone and put on the music! The bonfire is getting boring already!" Sam shouts.

Andrew stops running, causing Rebecca and Leah to sigh in relief.

Andrew looked at the crab, then at Sam, and back at the crab. " Goodbye, my friend!" He frowned, throwing the sea creature back to the ocean.

" Dramatic ass," Leah muttered when she saw Andrew dramatically run from the beach to the stereo as though he broke up with his lover.

Andrew turns on the stereo, and the first song that started playing was All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You by Heart. Everyone turned to stare at him.

" What kind of music is that, Andrew? This party is a Summer BonFire, not a Sad Feast," Rebecca annoyingly rolled her dark brown eyes, which caused Leah to giggle.

" Okay! Okay! I'll change it," Andrew changed the music, and an upbeat melody started playing. The song was U Can't Touch This by MC Hammer.

" What about this?" Andrew asked.

" Now it's a party!" Rebecca grabbed Leah's hands, and the two females started to dance.

" Hey! The Almost Birthday Boy wants to dance with you ladies," Andrew runs, slides to the girls, and starts to dance with them.

" My brother is so embarrassing," Paul murmured to his best friend. Jared snickered, finding Andrew so cool.

" Isn't your birthday on the 27th of this month?" Rebecca asked while dancing.

" Yup! Today is the 20th, which means seven days left to me being the big 1 O," Andrew responded while doing a dance, which resembled a crab.

" Today is the 14th, Andrew! That means your birthday is thirteen days away," Leah reminded while staring at Andrew amusingly.

Andrew stopped dancing, and his dark brown eyes widened in horror.

" Gahh!!" Andrew falls to his knees and screams dramatically.

" Idiot," Rebecca facepalmed while Leah giggled.