─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Selena now sat in the back seat of Stiles's jeep with Mitch while Scott sat in the passenger seat. Serena let out a groan as they pulled up to the preserve. "You couldn't have at least let me change?" Serena asks gesturing to her outfit which was pajama shorts and one of Scott's old shirts. Getting ignored the three boys as they all open their doors and climb out of the jeep.

"We're seriously doing this?" Scott asks. "You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles responds patting Scott's shoulder and walking off with Serena and Mitch following him. "He's kinda right Scott!" Mitch calls over his shoulder.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott reasons causing Serena to feel a little bad for her brother.

"Right! 'Cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." Stiles sarcastically says when Scott catches up with the three. "Hey! He's very good at what he does!" Serena tries to defend causing Mitch to let a small laugh out.

"No, I'm playing this year," Scott says confidently. "In fact, I'm making the first line."

"That's the spirit! Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one." Stiles tells Scott. Serena punches Stiles in his arm causing the boy to let out a wail. "Ow! What was that for?"

"Which half of the body are we even looking for Stiles?" Mitch asks his brother causing said boy to stop for a moment. "Huh! I didn't even think about that." Stiles laughs nervously.

"And, uh, what if whoever killed the body is still out there," Scott adds. "Also something I didn't think about," Stiles tells them.

"It's comforting to know you planned this out with your usual attention to detail." Serena also adds ganging up on the boy as the four of them climb up a small hill. "I know," Stiles lets out a breath.

"Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" Scott wheezes getting his inhaler out. "Get down." Serena whisper yells when she sees flashlights in the distance. Stiles lands on the left of her, while Mitch is practically on top of her making it hard for her to breathe, and Scott gets down on her right. "Come on!" Stiles whisper yells to the others causing them to all whisper yell his name. "Stiles!" Serena and Mitch are a bit away from him while Scott is still on the ground. "Stiles! Wait!" They all whisper yell at the boy who doesn't listen.

Serena and Mitch could hear a dog barking and a man's voice but they weren't able to hide before they were getting yelled at as well. "Hang on, Hang on. These two delinquents belong to me and this one is his girlfriend." A man whom Serena knows Noah Stilinski tells the other cops.

"Dad" "Noah" Mitch and Serena nod at the sheriff. "Dad, how are you doing?" Stiles asks his father which causes the man to sigh. "So. Do you, uh listen in to all my phone calls?" Noah asks his youngest son. "No, not the boring ones," Stiles responds honestly causing Mitch to shake his head in disbelief.

"Now, where's the other one?" Noah asks referring to Scott, Serena is quick to answer not letting Stiles get a word in. "He's at home! He wanted to get some sleep for our first day back to school."

"It's just us alone. In the woods." Mitch adds before his lips curl in a slight disgust realizing what he said. Noah gives the three looks before shining his flashlight into the trees. "Scott, you out there? Scott!"

Serena didn't notice till now but it had started to rain which caused her to panic slightly. "Well, I guess I should walk back to the jeep and wait for you two. See you later Noah." Serena chuckles nervously before running back to the jeep.