Chapter Forty-Two

QUOTE OF THE DAY: THE MOST PAINFUL LOVE THERE IS, IS LOVE LEFT UNSHOWN. A LOVE THAT CANNOT BE EXPRESSED, AFFECTION LEFT UNKNOWN. THE LOVE THAT WITHOLDS TOUCHING, AFRAID OF WHAT IT WOULD SAY. AND THE MOST PAINFUL THING ABOUT UNEXPRESSED LOVE IS, ... IT NEVER FADES AWAY. – SUSAN POLIS SCHUTZ

Day Two

August POV

            The sun peeked through the windows of my bedroom and I looked at a sleeping Aliya next to me

The sun peeked through the windows of my bedroom and I looked at a sleeping Aliya next to me. I'd been up for what seemed like hours. And I know that you're wondering how I knew the whole thing going on between Chris and Aliya. In a way, I've always known, I've seen the way she used to look at him. It's the way that he looks at her now. But the thing with Chris is that he's never really known what he wanted. Exhibit A – Kayoni. We all knew that he could have done better than her hoe ass but like I said, he's indecisive. Which leads us to Exhibit B – Aliya.

One moment he'll be all over Aliya and then then the next he'd be trying to defend Kayoni. Then when he gets rid of Kayoni for good, he fucks over Aliya. I can see that all of this is wearing Aliya down and that she just about had enough of it. There is an obvious tension between Chris and Aliya and I think that we can all tell that its there. What exactly happened between the two? I wouldn't know.

"What's the excuse this time Chris? What's so 'complicated' this time?" I asked him as we walked into my room.

"It's Kayoni, bro. You seen what happened this morning when I tried to break up with her man." Chris said and I nodded my head and motioned for him to go on. "She threatened to hurt Aliya if I broke up with her."

"Okay but what does Aliya have to do with any of this?" I questioned him because now I was truly intrigued. "Please don't tell me that you fucked up and slept with her because then that'll be a whole 'nother story and you best believe that there will be people that will hate you enough to tell it."

"Nah, it's nothing like that, Aug. It's just that she's noticed that Aliya and I have built some type of friendship and she thinks that she's trying to steal me away from her." He said and I slowly nodded my head.

"My question is why does Aliya mean so much to you now? Because a few weeks ago, you didn't even know who she was?" I asked and he scratched the back of his neck. "And don't try to bullshit me Chris."

"I don't know what she did to me but she has me in such a trance. I cant get enough of her. I mean Aliya and I have so much in common and I she brings out something in me that Kayoni never has and probably never will." He said and that's when it dawned on me.