Chapter 40

4 days later

"Your skin, oh yea your skin and bones. Turn in to something beautiful . You know, you know I love you so much. You know I love you so." I sing to her, holding her hand in mine.

I turn on her TV and watch Friends for a while.

I sit back and relax, until I hear her heart monitor beeping like crazy.

"Nurse! M'mam!" I call for the woman in the hall.

She signals me to step out of the room, I silently protest.

I walk out of the room, fists clenching. I find May's mother outside the doors.

"Is everything alright?" She asks standing up.

"Im not sure." I say, running my hands through my hair.

She sighs and sits back down.

I pull out my phone and put my ear buds in.

I listen to Spiderhead by Cage The Elephant, until the nurse comes out of her room.

"She's awake now." She speaks softly.

As soon as I comprehend her words I quickly stand up and walk into her room.

It fills me with happiness to see her alert.

"Hi baby." I say and sit by her bedside.

"Who are you?" She says with a confused look upon her face.

A/N
So thats it! The end! I hope you enjoyed this book! The sequel, Losers Weepers, will be out May 11th. I love you so much! Message me if you need anything at all.