Epilogue - Markings

As it turned out, Angelina Bright was not about to get any time to rest.

After the whole orderall with Jackson, the whole group had gone their separate ways, so, while Stiles and Lydia took Jackson to a hospital to make sure everything was okay with them, Allison had asked Scott for a moment in private for them to talk. So, of course, Scott had decided to head home with Allison and her dad. Meanwhile, Angie was left to take care of Isaac who Allison had, as it seemed, decided to stab with her stupid daggers while Derek - and Peter, but mostly Derek - recounted everything that had happened while Angie was at home, including Scott's plan to take down Gerard who was now, very much missing.

"Well, if he lives or dies, that's not exactly my priority right now, to be fair." Angie shrugged, wiping her bloodied hands against her shirt as she stood up after patching up Isaac and offering him a little something for the pain as he rested against the concrete ground of the warehouse. "What we should be worried about is Erica and Boyd. After they left me at my house, I didn't hear about them at all."

"Your uncle said they ran back into the woods?" Derek asked, as Angie nodded. SIghing quietly, Derek took a second to look down at Isaac before looking back up at Angie instead. "Maybe they're still looking for that other pack they said they had found."

"Maybe." She nodded. "But maybe not. So we need to be sure."

And, for a second, Derek hesitated, the betrayal he still felt over thinking about his own betas turning their backs on him a little too strong. Still, they were his betas and a big part of the reason why they were even involved in the first place was because of his bite. So, in his pack or not, they were still his responsibility and Angie seemed all too keen on reminding him of it.

"We'll look for them." Derek nodded and he almost smiled at the clear breath of relief he saw Angie letting out. "But not tonight. Tonight, we all need some rest. So, here's what we'll do... I'll take you home and Peter can take Isaac back to my place so he can rest and heal a little more."

"You're thinking about leaving Peter alone with Isaac?" Angie almost scoffed.

"I'll have you know babysitting your little beta best friend over here is not even close to my most exciting plans for tonight, Angelina." Peter said, his arms crossed over his chest as the girl rolled her eyes at him.

"That's a stupid idea." Angie said, turning back to Derek as the alpha sighed.

"It'll be less than an hour, Angie." He argued. "I just want to take you home. Can I?"

And even if Angie didn't like this idea at all, she couldn't really deny that having Derek drive her home that night actually sounded a lot better than having to walk back herself considering Stiles had been the one to bring her. Still, she turned around, cutting her eyes at Peter and choosing to ignore the smirk on his face as he looked right back at her.

"I'll go over to his place everyday to help Isaac heal." She warned. "If I ever see any different new wound on him, I swear to God..."

"Don't worry, Bright." Peter chuckled, highly amused. "I don't usually hurt people if I won't get anything from it."

"No..." She scoffed. "You just kill them, huh?"

"Alright, come on, now..." Derek sighed, practically dragging Angie away from Peter as his uncle laughed and Angie struggled against his grip to be set free. "He's not doing anything to Isaac, okay? I'm not gonna let him."

And Derek's promise was really the only reason why Angie stopped trashing against him so much and allowed the werewolf to guide her to his car. The drive back from the warehouse was a quiet one and, it wasn't until the two of them were already parked in front of Alan Deaton's house that Derek finally spoke up.

"It was smart of you." Derek said, causing Angie to frown as she turned to look at him. "Using Lydia to save Jackson?"

"Yeah, right in time too, huh?" She scoffed. "Because I'm pretty sure you and your uncle were still trying to get him killed. You need to stop with that, you know? Killing is not the answer to everything and if you ever want to be a good alpha, you need to learn that, sooner or later."

Derek sighed, gripping the steering wheel in front of him a little tighter, but not saying anything else as Angie climbed out of his car and stepped out into her front lawn. He was still trying to come up with anything else to tell her when his thoughts got interrupted by the loud echo of Angie's heartbeats in his head. He frowned, noticing how loud and fast they were and he was quick to climb out of his car as well as he walked around it, only to find Angie crouched down over the grass with her hand hovering a few markings on the ground, that produced a rather familiar shape to the two of them. As soon as he recognized it, Derek sighed, looking over at Angie and understanding in a second the reason behind her erratic heartbeats and the shake of her hand.

"Angie..." He whispered but, before he could even say anything else, Angie shook her head, almost violently.

"I want them dead." She said and Derek softened as soon as he heard the stiffening of her voice.

"I thought you said killing wasn't the answer ever." He said, as Angie squinted her eyes at him and stood up to stand face to face with Derek again.

"I said it wasn't the answer to everything." She corrected, her eyes hard on Derek's even if her hand was still pointing at the Alpha Pack's marking on her lawn. "But when all of them are killers... When one of them... When we're talking about a pack of heartless killers, I couldn't care less about killing them too."