Nine

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

October came with a lots of rain, after the last party, Slytherins have been closer though you were still giving Draco the cold shoulder but nonetheless, the month has been peaceful with pranks here and there. By now, the whole school would be on the edge whenever the school would be silent for long.

Sometimes, you compete with the Weasley twins while sometimes you work with them but it's fun, rain was always something you loved, and the practices while it's raining were your favourite. It made you feel free and fresh.

A lunar cycle has passed too and Jay has started trying to connect with his wolf, the three of you were keeping this secret from your friends and you had to be very careful.

You had gotten alot more acquainted with Castor whom you would help sometimes with homework or just help him whenever he was having a hard time.

Mentioning him, that's where you were right now, sitting near the Great Lake, under a tree along with him.

"How's everything been going? You always help me but never tell me about yourself." He asked.

"Well, " you started, with a blank face, "I don't like talking about myself."  He searched your face for any trace of emotion but didn't find anything, "okay, well, do like my cousin?"

"He's nice but annoying, I mean he keeps on rambling about stuff but don't tell him I said this but, I actually kind of like having him as my friend."

"Tell me about your friends!"

"Well, I don't have friends back at home, I only have my Pa but here my group would be Julius, Lorenzo and me while Harry, Ron, Hermione and the Weasleys are all like a very big family to me."

"So what about Parvati?" His face was full of curiosity and you watched as his tongue darted out, licking his lips before biting them as he leaned forward, attentively.

"She is not my friend, I don't even know her that well."

"Really? I reckon she has a thing for you." He leaned back and rested his back against the tree.

You observed his stance, it was so much more relaxed than yours which made you feel weird but his soft voice broke you off your trance.

"I really like it here." His soft and low voice came after some moments and you nodded making him look up at you, "tell me, why are students so scared of you?"

The question made you stiffen and you looked away from his face and ran your hand through your hairs, "it's as if my dad is a mass murderer and I happen to have gotten in quite some trouble with certain students."

Your tone was sarcastic making him try to search for any signs of emotion which told him that you didn't want to be feared, and this time, he did find one. He leaned in closer as the discomfort, slight discomfort on your face started coming to the surface.