Eight

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

After an hour of lecture and several assigned detentions, Cordelia along with her friends were walking to the Gryffindor common room grinning from ear to ear.

"Did any of you see McGonagall smile as we were leaving?" Enzo asked.

"Yup, she loves us, no matter what she says." She grinned.

She climbed through the potrait and entered the common room to find the whole Gryffindor house glaring except Harry, Ron, Fred and George who were sniggering.

She smiled sheepishly at them,"we couldn't leave you guys out, that would be unfair to the other houses."

All the furniture in the dorms was touching the ceiling, they groaned in annoyance but didn't say anything and dismissed themselves trying to get things staring in the common room.

"Seeing this place isn't really in a good condition, let's do our homework in our dorm." She suggested getting a nod from her friends.

.•♫•♬• °•• •♬•♫•.

Cordelia sighed as she leaned back on the couch stretching her hands above her head before retracting them back to the black oakwood table in front of her.

"Cordelia, do you know the key ingredients of the babbling beverage?" Jay frowned while asking the question, you opened your mouth to speak but were cut off by Some elder students saying the answer.

This started a debate among the whole room, "I never understood why it uses dittany, though?" A girl said.

Homework was pretty collaborative work in the Slytherin dorms and not just that, Cordelia wondered why, except the fact that the Slytherins acted snobbish, they were called the evil house.

Everyone loved helping each other in here, even some of the muggleborns and halfbloods were well respected and whenever they needed help, no one hesitated.

She honestly liked being a Slytherin, they were all very loyal, snobbish but loyal. There were literally drinking games or parties every other day, though not everyone joined because half of them were minors.

The first thing which was taught to the first year Slytherins was how to pick on locks and how to talk in sign languages so that they could talk to the mermaids who would often get grumpy if not talked to.

Her hands wrapped themselves around her coffee mug before bringing the mug to her lips and taking a long sip.

"You shouldn't drink coffee so much, but I would be a hypocrite if I said that." Lucian Bole, her fellow beater said with scrunched up face.