005

He finds himself calming down in her presence.

"Hotaru~!"

Tsukishima had just returned from training camp and was exhausted. That's why hearing that familiar voice brought him to a halt. There was just one individual who addressed him as such. He could never have a day alone, for whatever it's worth. He ponders.

His life has been lot more stressful since meeting the girl, and he frequently suffers from migraines as a result of the girl's spontaneity. Although he'd be lying if he said he didn't like it all.

Kei shifted his body to face the small female and his mouth slightly parted in shock to her appearance.

"What do you think? It suits me, right?" (Y/N) asked, batting her eyelashes up at him and puckering out her glossed lips in exaggeration. She looked like a fish.

"Look at you! You're at a loss for words! Do I look that pretty?" she chuckled, and Tsukishima bit the inside of his cheek.

She had messaged him the night before that she had always wanted to dye her hair a fun color. During the process, she even sent blurry selfies. It was a mess, but it was also undeniably cute.

"You look ridiculous."

"You couldn't even be nice for once, Hotaru-chan?"

"But then, that's what I like about you, Hotaru-chan! You're so honest! Very lovely, very nice," she said, shutting her eyes and mockingly nodding.

No. No, he wasn't honest at all. (Y/N)'s newly coloured pink hair looked a little too good on her. It made her beautiful coloured irises stand out even more. She was beautiful before, but she was even more so now. Tsukishima, on the other hand, would rather die than say that out loud.

"You look like cotton candy," he said as he lifted his hefty luggage and began heading home. (Y/N) pursued with a tiny skip in her feet.

"Mou~ play nice! Actually, Hotaru-chan, didn't you miss me?"

"Not really."

"But I missed you so much! I even cried into my pillows!"

"Sure."

"Hotaru-chan, I'm not a liar!"

"Ah, I see."

Tsukishima repressed the developing smile on his lips. Ew, feelings. Meanwhile, (Y/N) continued to express her longing for her Hotaru-chan.

"Your hair looks like a broom," he commented offhandedly.

(Y/N) let out an indignant gasp as she put her palm on her chest, feigning hurt. Tsukishima spotted bandages covering her delicate hands at that moment. His brow wrinkled in anxiety.

"Beauty is pain, Hotaru-chan!"

The pink-haired girl took note of where Kei's gaze was drawn. He moved away as she shoved her bandaged fists towards his face.

"I punched my floor last night! Doesn't it look cool?" she flexed, her ever-present smile on her face.

The creases oh Kei's eyebrows doubled. He flicked the smaller girl's forehead with such ferocity that she stumbled. She gazed at him, her eyes wide with surprise.

"Why the hell would you be proud of something like that, moron?"

"But-!"

"No, it doesn’t look cool."

"Hmp!" she grumbled angrily, still massaging the region on her brow where Tsukishima had flicked her.

He may appear lanky, but Kei plays volleyball. Manz was strong.

"...Are you okay?" he finally asked.

(Y/N) gave him a serene smile before answering.

"No."