002

"Hotaru!"

Tsukishima wanted to pass out then and there. It's been a few weeks, and (Y/N) has turned into the bane of his very existence. She still hasn't left him alone, like a vexing rash. Worse yet, Yamaguchi and (Y/N) had become good friends.

In fact, Kei admits that this girl is extremely extroverted and effervescent. It was no surprise that (Y/N) was able to establish friends quickly. The eager student's goodwill extended to upperclassmen and other pupils in their grade.

Tsukishima whispered under his breath, "Kill me now," but (Y/N) heard him nonetheless and she cackled loudly.

"Now, now, that's not very nice, Hotaru-chan!"

"Don't call me that."

To say he was ignored would be an understatement, as she proceeded to talk his ears out.

Tsukishima's head was pounding. He knows that calling him Hotaru, a misinterpretation of his name, was one of (Y/N)'s attempt to annoy the life out of him, but he couldn't help but get a headache. Every day, he has to deal with this nonsense.

(Y/N) was hopping about gleefully, like a dog, while telling him about this recently opened bakery that offers strawberry shortcake, which was, by the way, his favourite.

"So, wanna go there together after sch—?"

"No."

"Wha-! Hotaru-chan, you didn't even let me finish!" (Y/N) pouted.

"I knew what you were about to say and my answer is still the same." He announced with finality in his tone.

"You didn't even think about it!"

Tsukishima clicked his tongue in annoyance. (Y/N)'s whining was getting on his nerves.

"I didn't need to."

"Come onnnnnn~! I'll even pay for your cake!"

(Y/N) prodded his sides with a tiny finger. Tsukishima squirmed. He wanted to smack this little shit who was wiggling her brows at him with that same stupid grin pasted on that gorgeous face he had grown to despise.

"No."

He moved quickly to get away from (Y/N), and by using his long legs to his advantage, he looked to be doing rather well. The vertically challenged (Y/N) struggled to keep up with him, but she also appeared to enjoy the pursuit.

"Strawberry! Strawberry! Hotaru! Hotaru!"

Tsukishima heard the irritating voice chanting those phrases over and over. They were getting a lot of glances, and he was starting to feel embarrassed.

"Fine!"

(Y/N) smiled so bright Kei swears he almost went blind.