Another tragic Greek love tale that made me want to vomit.

It didn't take long before we entered the receiving room, approaching the large purple and gold designed throne that looked more like a chaise lounge seat with lush pillows and a throw blanket, a couple of gold tables sitting around it for Apollo's constant eating habit. The guy binge ate like a teenage movie girl who just broke up with her boyfriend.

I kept that thought to myself, though, as the air around us rippled and pulsed with power and no more than a second later, a purple column of smoke twirled in the air in front of the chaise and vanished a second later to reveal Apollo standing there, looking less than inviting. Tall, like most gods, with thick auburn hair that was currently swept back from his face, brushed to the side so it was falling over his right shoulder, and eyes a deep ocean blue. He wore a pair of snug low-ride jeans and a open white button up shirt.

His stern expression vanished when he focused his sights on Akin, and an instant spark of irritation rushed through me as he gave Akin an open once over.

"Hello," He greeted slowly, approaching Akin, who arched a brow as if hardly impressed by him, "I ordered a pizza, not an angel, but I think I can deal with this." Akin folded his arms over his chest.

"You're precious," He said, but there was enough sarcasm to have Apollo wrinkling his nose in distaste, taking a step back, "We're here on official business, Apollo. We need to speak to Callias, and you, at the same time." Apollo's brow furrowed in a frown, and placed a hand on his hip slowly, appearing to consider the request before he shook his head.

"I don't think so. Callias is... a little tied up at the moment." He paused to give Akin a smug smile. Akin's blue eyes flashed.

"Then untie him. This is important, unless you want him to be killed, then fine, be my guest. Come on, Hannibal, we're going to Costa Rica-"

"Wait," Apollo snapped when Akin started to back out of the room, only to pause and give Apollo an innocent stare, which Apollo returned with a menacing glare, "What do you mean? What happened?" Akin turned back to face him, pursing his lips and raising an eyebrow, refusing to answer. Apollo rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers. Purple smoke created a plume from the ground beside him before it dissipated to reveal Callias... looking horrible.

Bruises marred his lightly tanned flesh along his jaw, over his brow, around his throat, his wrists and ankles, and red cuts in the corners of his mouth. Callias, or Anexius as was his original name, originally had long dark hair and white eyes like his Khalian siblings, but shapeshifting was one of his best abilities and it allowed him to take on whatever form Apollo commanded. In this case, his long hair was bright red and his eyes a deep shade of indigo. He only wore a pair of nearly transparent black pants that didn't really leave much to the imagination.

"Jesus," Akin snapped suddenly, making Apollo scowl at him, "I came here to warn you to keep him safe and alive, but it looks like he's in more danger being around you." Apollo's eyes flashed.

"Excuse me? You don't come into my temple and tell me how to treat my slaves."

"You're so primitive," Akin responded angrily, "Slavery is illegal in more than five realms now. Have you guys really not caught up with the times?" Apollo tsked and rolled his eyes before turning to Callias, who remained silent, eyes hooded as if the situation bored him.

"Does it bother you that I do this?" He asked. Callias didn't look at him as he gave his head a slight bow.

"No, master. I'm perfectly capable of handling this." He responded, then lifted his eyes to meet Akin's. Something odd passed between them. I wasn't sure what it was, but whatever it was, it caused Callias's eyes to instantly become sad and he lowered them to the floor again. Akin clenched his teeth and looked like he wanted to argue, but unfortunately, Apollo was correct. Olympus still had slavery imposed and Akin literally had no right to come in and tell Apollo how to treat Callias. Hell, even if slavery was illegally on Olympus, Callias would be exempt.