

𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚜

valerie was excited to spend time with edward that day

valerie was excited to spend time with edward that day. she knew that edward would rather be doing other things than taking her out on a date, but valerie hoped that he could tell how important it was to her.

with news of 'animal' attacks happening in the area, the rest of the cullens went out to do some investigating of their own. valerie thought that alice needed edward's help for something related to the search. little did she know that it was completely unrelated.

valerie exited the house in a conventional outfit, t-shirt, jeans, her headscarf and trench coat. she planned to meet edward for dinner at a restaurant where they would just sit and talk, then give their takeout containers to someone who needed it more than they did. val's generosity struck even in her low times. anyways, she head out to her baby and started up the engine, playing her playlist through her connected ipod.

the chords of wake me up when September ends by green day make her smile, despite how freaking sad the song was.

it was at the dress store that she saw her favourite humans. well ange was a different story but she didn't feel like listening to jessica talk and see isabella mope. she couldn't blame bella here, dress shopping with jessica stanley? not an ideal way to spend the afternoon. for jessica she means.

a bell rang as she entered the boutique. she eyed the dresses hoping to find a blush pink one. cadence told her she looked best in that colour.

"valerie! hey!" angela called for her to come over. valerie walked over to see angela in a pastel purple beaded dress and jessica in a pink booby plunge dress.

"damn jess, mike will not be ready if you show up in that," valerie's smiled, trying to make conversation. jessica laughed and thanked her in response. "and angie, how is cadence gonna survive the night if she sees you like this?"

"oh my god we are not together," the webber girl blushed.

"but you think she's hot don't you?" val teased as a joke, only for angela to look down and hide her red cheeks. "oh my god you do! wait til i tell her this!"

"oh no you will not!" angela lunged for her but the high heels she was wearing prevented her from getting far. realizing that she was completely ignoring isabella, valerie reluctantly tried to include her in the conversation.

"so isabella...any guys you want to go to prom with?" okay maybe this was low for valerie, but her ever-growing suspicions that edward and bella had something going on were guiding this conversation, not her rationality. isabella sputtered in response. feeling bad, valerie tells her that she was only kidding.