Chapter 28

'Quite The Changes'

Months and months passed on and small changes became bigger and more permanent. Things were being altered in the town and buildings were being adjusted to welcome the ocean with more open arms. By now, the majority of mer-people had actually began to also move closer to land since their own habitats were much more movable. As well as this, human who now owned relationships with mer-people were part of an organisation that helped moving their lands houses to a new part of man-made land that spread over the sea to allow a pocket entry for mer-people to enter the house. Strangely enough, money issue swore decreasing overtime as people began to actually want to help rather than be in it for the money - a sight Levi never thought he'd be able to see. But it made him happy beyond ability to comprehend.

To add on to all this, scientists and researchers had began to meddle in the idea of turning either a human into a mer-person or vise versa. No breakthrough came into the light yet, but they were more advanced than anyone expected them to be.

"Levi?" Eren asked, sat by the side of Levi in their odd little home.

Levi fiddled with his eyepatch, having just washed it before he placed it back on his head, "What?"

"Are you ashamed of your eye because it looks white?"

Levi turned his full attention to Eren, knitting his eyebrows together, "No."

"Then why do you wear an eyepatch?" He asked.

"I don't know," Levi answered, watching Eren shuffle closer to him, "I guess it was always just a pirate thing. Now it's part of what I wear."

Levi adjusted his seating position to have his legs dangling over in the water. Eren took hold of them to lift himself up to Levi and palce himself in Levi's lap, folding his arms, "I think it looks pretty."

"Stop being cheesy, brat."

"I can't help it, you're just beautiful," Eren further tormented, causing Levi to feel somewhat embarrassed, "you're blushing."

"I'm not."

"You are."

"I'm not, Eren."

"Do you need a way to cool down?" Eren broke the back and forth cycle.

Levi almost opened his mouth to begin to say something, but instead felt thankful he didn't when the grip around his legs tightened and pulled him into the sea water below them, submerging them both beneath the surface. Levi realised how much Eren enjoyed doing that. Perhaps because he felt in control since the waters were his territory, but Levi would never let that happen. So when he felt a kiss being planted against his lips, he made sure to press his own lips further forward and take hold of Eren's body, pushing them closer together. The butterflies never got old, it always felt like their first ever kiss again. A comforting feeling. He felt Eren's hand lift to his head, slowly lifting off the eyepatch and causing a cold rush to go to Levi's closed eye. An odd feeling. Eren kept hold of the eyepatch as their lips began to part against each other's.

They got rougher with it, Levi beginning to be unable to hold his breath for much longer and so pulled Eren back up to the little pocket that allowed them to enter the air again. Levi took a moment to pause and breathe before going back in to kiss Eren. Once their heads began moving in a tempo of desperate affection, Levi pushed Eren back until he hit the wall that rested behind them that allowed enclosure for them - even in the water. Levi's hands pinned Eren's, lifting then above his head and keeping them squeezed. Levi held them both with one hand, bringing the other to Eren's waist and pulling himself even closer. He could feel Eren's body eager to move, his chest rising forward and tail brushing against his head, but not being able to go far from his pinned arms. Levi smirked against Eren's lips before their tongues touched, gliding against one another with ease.