(P)rologue

(I don't own any images and Girls frontline and Nier:Automata belong to their respective owners.)

(A/n)

Don't expect me to follow the lore that closely to EITHER of these games. I have only played Nier: Automata, I have never touched Drakengard or Nier Replicant, so sorry if I'm messing up the story timeline or if nothing makes sense.

For this story, I am going through the timeline of Nier:Automata and much like my Lobotomy Corp story, I will be playing the game and making chapters BASED on the events of the game.

I'm not a good writer, so don't expect any god-like story telling
_____________________________________________________

Humanity was unprepared for the assault of the cosmic entities on their planet. Too busy were they fighting amongst one another to realize the oncoming threat that was the Aliens. They laid siege on their planet while they watched from orbit as the struggle of Humanity continued on and on. The Aliens didn't fight, they merely watched, as they sent down their creations, the Machines, to conquer the planet for them.

And so came the start of the 1st Machine War.

Ironically, this tragic series of events is what led to Humanity coming together for the first time in history. All their resources, their manpower, their ammunition, and time were poured into combating the Machines. As time went on, advances in science and technology rapidly increased and more ideas and methods were brought to fruition.

However, the issue of personnel and major loss in military power as time went on was only increasing exponentially. Battle after battle, both sides of the war lost countless of their forces. And yet, the Machines kept coming in endless waves leaving not time for Humanity to recuperate.

It was only when prodigy scientist, engineer, and computer programmer, Persicaria, had proposed the question: "Why don't we just use Machines against the Machines?" did the war start to turn to Humanity's favor. And so the first generation of T-Dolls were created by Persicaria herself and implemented into the Militaries around the globe as soon as they were made.

Funding for T-Dolls increased, but the production for them was far too slow to keep up with the Machines. So the governments left standing around the world had bought the blueprints from Persicaria and funded all of their finances to one project.

Sangvis Ferri.

A singular facility supervised by a government created AI located in the region of Northern Russia, where the mass production of Dolls were supplied to the world. These Dolls were far from the T-Dolls that Persicaria had created as they were only the basic models and were created with the idea of quantity over quality.

Something that Persicaria had grown to dislike.

Following the events of its creation, due to her dislike of what her creations had become, Persicaria had made contracts using the basic blueprints she had provided to the governments for other small military units around the globe. These Private Military Contractors, or PMCs, were provided with their own sets of unique T-Dolls that she personally tweaked and were only required to send fundings and salvaged parts to Persicaria as payment for her own manufacturing company, 16LAB.

All of these advancements in technology and military power were what led to the War turning to their favor. And for a moment, it seemed as if Humanity had finally been able to defend their home. Cities were finally being taken back under their control, countries were finally being able to become economically stable, and security of the people was at an all time high.