SEVEN. gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ  ✎  ˊˎ -

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

         ━━ MALIA FELL ON THE GROUND, her back lying on the grass. It took her a second to figure out her surroundings, but when she did, she gasped.

Wanda pulled her in.

She quickly pulled herself from the ground, pressing her feet firmly into the grass. What if it was fake?

After noticing red light emerging from the Hex, she watched as Wanda walked through it with ease. "What the hell, Wanda?!" The woman demanded.

"Me?" Wanda's eyes were still the same scarlet red from earlier. "You joined them, and they wanna kill me!"

"My bad! Don't wanna side with the bitch that stole a town! Don't wanna be with the bitch who joined Tony Stark, who bombed us!" Malia wiped her tears hastily. "Sorry, Wanda. Sorry I don't wanna join the bitch that fucking left me for nazis."

"...Who told you I wanted to join them, Malia?" Wanda's voice lowered as she croaked, the red fading away. "Why would I want to?"

"I don't know your intentions anymore, Wanda. I gave up trying to figure you out years ago." Malia crossed her arms. "Especially after I had to figure out that Pietro died from the fucking government!"

"You didn't-" The older woman sniffled. "No one told you?"

"You weren't fucking there to, right, Wanda? You were too busy forgetting about me."

"Who told you I forgot?"

"Did you look for me?" Malia's eyes watered, her hands shaking anxiously. "Did you not think to search for your family before creating a new one?"

"Malia... we did. We did look, but we couldn't find you. Pietro and I..." She trailed off. "We searched for days. We had to give up after a while, but who- who told you that we forgot? Did you just fill in the blanks, or did you get it from them?"

"What about Hydra?"

"You think Pietro and I wanted to? We were displaced children. Hydra needed twins. Put two and two together." Wanda looked down at her fists.

Malia stayed quiet, lacking a solid argument. "And the Avengers?"

"Join them or death by Ultron. Which would you pick?"