Even if he was tired it was shocking how easily he managed to fall asleep. It's not everyday that a prince of another country suddenly ends up in your house, injured. He was used to conversing with royals due to his friendship with the prince and princess of this kingdom so he didn't have much special feelings about this, other than the fact that this whole ordeal had a foul smell.

After a good night's sleep, Louis felt refreshed and full of energy. He had a simple meal and got a report about beastkin's condition. The boy was recovering steadily but he still hasn't woken up. Louis simply reminded them to inform him of any changes before heading towards the courtyard

As he got there, he started his warm up routine. Most of his exercises were focused on his core as a strong core was crucial in wielding any type of weapon. It was also due to this that he could adjust to constant changes of his body.

He was only eight but his stats were increasing by leaps and bounds lately which was bound to make his physique even better. His stats were even more impressive since they were gained by sincere effort. Aside from his first five stat points, he has saved the rest. Naturally not without a reason.

In this world, unlike the games of the earth, you can increase stats not only with stat points but also training. Albeit this method had its limitations, after reaching a certain point, it would get harder and harder to get stats by training and reading. This 'threshold' was dependent on many factors, main being your compatibility with the stat.

For Louis, his intellect stat never stopped raising, which meant he had high compatibility with this stat, but he was certain that his three other stats would stop growing as easily quite soon. He planned to raise them to the limit with hard work and use stat points afterwards. Doing so would give him a lot of bonus stats which were bound to aid him in the future.

After his normal morning schedule, consisting of simple exercise and lunch, he had a talk with his father. They decided to get some information from the beastkin first and think of their following actions afterwards. Important thing now was for the boy to get better

After the short dialogue with his father, Louis headed towards the training area, planning to spar with some knights. He moved academics towards the evening so that he could match his time with the knights. He didn't really need to, as he was the heir of the household, he could just directly order them to pause their tasks and spar with him. Naturally he wouldn't ever do that.

The following two days went by in a calm manner. The boy was still unconscious while Louis tried to resist the urge to go out and hunt. He believed the boy would wake up far earlier, but it seems his injuries were more severe than Louis thought.

Finally, on the third day, his spar with a knight was cut short. The maid that was sent to get him informed that the beastkin boy woke up.

Louis immediately put away his sword and rushed inside, still in his training clothes. He knew Sedric was there but Louis was honestly quite curious, so he got to his destination swiftly, walking inside the room only to be met with a surprising sight.

The beast boy was glaring heavily at Sedric, his fang like teeth exposed in a futile attempt to show strength. Meanwhile the butler stood with a calm yet threatening expression on his face, obviously ready to immobilize the boy at any second.

Louis inwardly chuckled at the comical sight, before walking forward, drawing both of their attention. He was eight year old and although he looked a little older, ultimately he still had the presence of a child. He thought it would be easier to communicate with the other if he had his guard down. Sedric said that beastkin knocked out almost immediately after Louis joined the fight that day, so it was unlikely for him to remember anything.

"Hey, calm down, no one will try to harm you here" he spoke with a slight smile, motioning Sedric to step back slightly, which the butler reluctantly did. The boy seemed to relax a tiny bit when the butler did so, but he was still looking at them warily. His face didn't show much understanding of Louis's words, which brought him to a guess.

"Louis" he pronounced loud and clear, moving his hand towards himself, before moving it towards the beastkin. To him it seemed that the other did not understand their language, which was to be expected. Thus they had to find a mediator to communicate. This was truly troublesome.

"...Rasmund" Louis's internal thoughts were cut off by beastkin's voice, making the male show a surprised smile. It seems his guess was correct. He approached the bed, reaching out his hand towards the bandages, motioning him to lay down. He hoped Rasmund would understand that he was worried about wounds opening, the beaskin did.

"Sedric we need a way to communicate with him, there should be an artifact we can use or a person, just have father send someone or something over as soon as possible" he told Sedric before looking towards Rasmund, why laid back down, probably understanding that he was in no position to try running away. Albeit he was just as tense as earlier.

"Rasmund" Louis called out, gaining his attention. Sedric did not leave the room, afraid of his young master getting hurt, he just took out an artifact for communication. Louis smiled at him slightly but soon got his attention back on the boy. His eyes were the same color as his hair, only that velvety hue was much fainter in them.

Catching his gaze Louis gestured towards himself and raised up eight fingers, disclosing his age. The beastkin didn't seem surprised at all, first showing all ten of his fingers before closing them and raising only three. It seems that beastmen grew quite quickly, their strength stat was usually a bit better than other races, but the main advantage for them was their strengthened senses.

This part showed itself immediately when Rasmund's head whipped towards the window, eyes sparkling slightly. Louis was confused and approached the said place, noticing a maid who was bringing a basket full of food towards the knights' barracks.

He couldn't help but to chuckle, ordering a servant to bring a light meal for the patient as well as snacks for all of them