•18•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 5 ~ Sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇʀ Tʜᴀɴ Hᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ

★ ★ ★

Alisha Herondale walks into the courtyard looking for her boyfriend only to find Jace and Clary hugging each other like their lives depended on it. She smiles slightly at the sight of the pair. Clary's eyes suddenly catch onto Alisha's and she smiles slightly, pulling away from her boyfriend. Jace frowns and then turns around and looks over at his sister. She smiles sheepishly and gives a little wave.

"Hey, sorry if I ruined a moment. I was looking for Alec? He wasn't in our room this morning when I woke up." Alisha says watching as Clary smirks slightly whilst Jace's face scrunches into one of disgust.

"Haven't seen him all morning." Clary says and Alisha nods.

"Right. Well. I'll leave you to it." She smiles slightly and begins to walk out only to stop when her brother shouts her name.

"Alisha." She turns to Jace. "Can I talk to you?" The hybrid nods and walks over to Jace whilst Clary walks out.

"What's wrong? Are you and Clary okay?" She asks and Jace nods.

"Yeah we're fine." Jace says and Alisha smiles slightly. "I'm thinking of going to the city of bones to find out what's wrong with me."

"Jace..." Alisha trails off, not really knowing what to say.

"I think I have the same thing out mother had." Before Alisha can interrupt, Jace continues. "She suffered in silence for years, I don't want to do that. I hate this, not knowing where I've been, feeling tired all the time and not being able to sleep. I need help Alisha." The hybrid frowns slightly and quickly brings her brother into a hug. His tears wet her shirt but she doesn't care in the slightest.

"Okay." She comments softly. "But remember your not alone. You have me, Clary, Alec, Isabelle and many more people who are willing to listen to you." The Herondale brother nods into his sister shoulder as they stand there for a little while longer. Someone clearing their throat makes the siblings pull apart. Alisha smiles when she sees her boyfriend standing there.

"Heard you were looking for me." He comments after giving a small smile to Jace.

"I'll go find Clary." He turns to Alisha. "Thank you."

"Your welcome." She says with a small smile as Jace walks out of the room. "You weren't in our room this morning." She comments whilst wrapping her arms around his neck whilst he wraps his around her waist.