•13•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 3 ~ Wʜᴀᴛ Lɪᴇs Bᴇɴᴇᴀᴛʜ

★ ★ ★

Alisha walks into the Bane residence with Alec at her side. The two look around for Magnus as soon as they step inside. Alec closes the door behind them whilst Alisha steps onto the kitchen to find Magnus placing cooking ingredients and equipment scattered on the table in the middle of the room.

"Mags? What you doing?" She questions with a small smile as she watches the warlock make a cocktail for himself even though he's going to a club later.

"Preparing for an entertaining night." He says and wraps his arms around Alisha as the pair greet each other.

"Don't come back hammered cause I don't wanna deal with a drunk warlock." She comments seriously to which Magnus holds his hands up sarcastically in defence.

"Whatever." He comments. "I thought I was meant to be the older one."

"We switch around." She informs with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Hello Alexander." Magnus smiles at the shadowhunter who smiles back.

"Hi Magnus." He states and then quickly takes out the instructions to the stew he was going to make in his pocket. The Lightwood quickly runs around the room like a headless chicken, wanting everything to be perfect. Alisha and Magnus eventually stand beside each other, leaning on the cabinets away from Alec as they watch him run around.

"Thanks again Magnus." Alec tells the warlock as they make the meal for the dinner with Maryse tonight. Alisha stands beside Magnus as they watch Alec place ingredients in the stew he's making. Alec holds up a white cup filled with ingredients. Alisha stands back, not knowing anything about cooking whatsoever. That's why Magnus is here, even though Alec claimed he knew what he was doing.

"Are you sure this is exactly half a cup?" Alec ponders, glancing at the others in the room. Alisha shrugs.

"I don't know, can't cook for shit." She states making the pair snigger.

"Cooking is an art, not a science." Magnus says.

"Well, if that were true, then there wouldn't be instructions." Alec holds up a card covered with instructions. The hybrid laughs from behind the boys. "Now, this is an old family recipe. Izzy and I found it right after my grandmother died." He begins stirring the stew. "My mother was inconsolable till the day we made her this stew. That was the first time that I saw her smile."

"Well, you're a sweet man, babe." Alisha smiles and steps forwards towards her boyfriend. She plucks something out of his hair. "And so adorable with radish in your hair." She smiles at the radish in her hands, finding it fairly amusing how mundane they're being currently. Alec brings up the wooden spoon towards his girlfriends mouth and feeds her it. She grunts in surprise as the spoon meets her lips.

"Here." Alec says as Alisha begins to chew. She grimaces subtly as the disgusting taste covers her tongue.

"Oh, wow." She turns to Magnus who notices her disgusted look and laughs silently.

"Okay. How is that? Good?" Alec questions and Alisha smiles slightly, nodding her head whilst humming happily.

"Yeah. Good." Alec smiles just as his phone rings. He quickly rushes out of the room, leaving Alisha and Magnus. The Herondale quickly finds an empty cup and spits the stew from her mouth into it.
She looks at Magnus with a sour face.

"Oh, God." Magnus laughs at the hybrid. "Turns out both Lightwood siblings can't cook." She comments whilst Magnus goes over to the stew.

"It can't be that bad." He says, trying some for himself. As soon as it meets his mouth he immediately spits it into the cup which Alisha used. She smirks at the grimacing warlock. "Okay your correct." He quickly uses his magic on the stew, improving the taste. Alisha nods at Magnus with a smile. When Alec comes back Magnus quickly starts stirring whilst Alisha leans on the table naturally.

"Izzy texted." Alec says, whilst holding his phone. He quickly pushes the warlock away from the stew. "Out, out, out." Magnus moves over to Alisha who wears a bright smile. "She's going on mission with Clary and Jace. Which means it's just me tonight."

"Just us. Okay?" Alisha comments, sending his discomfort. He smiles at his girlfriend whilst Magnus grabs his coat. Suddenly, a knocking sounds throughout the apathy meant. Alec looks at the door with an open mouth.

"Okay, remember, my mother is on edge." He tells his girlfriend whilst Magnus watches, amused. "That means avoid any sensitive subjects, like my dad or that I turned down that job at the Clave."

"Or the fact that you're dating a filthy halfbreed? Hmm?" Alec frowns at his girlfriend, just like Magnus does. He shakes his head vigorously.

"I'm sorry. Am I being terrible?" He questions.

"No, no, no. You're just tense." She says grabbing the glass from Magnus' outstretched hand. "Here, drink this." Alec downs the drink making Magnus look at him in a bit of shock. Alec moves his arms around as his face scrunches up. Alisha looks at the warlock with a smirk.

"I'm okay. You're okay? Okay." Alec comments and rushes towards the door. Alisha and Magnus follow after him.

"Oh, I'm okay." Alisha comments. "You're okay." Alisha puts down the glass which was handed back to her and joins Alec at the door. Magnus steps further back.

"My boy! My girl!" Maryse shouts as the door opens. She wears an unusually bright smile making Alisha cower behind Alec slightly. She holds a bottle in both hands. Maryse chuckles and gives Alisha a and Alec a hug and then passes a bottle of wine to her son.

"This is a lovely... attitude?" Alisha smiles slightly as Maryse walks back over to her.

"My thoughts exactly." She smiles once again. She then notices Magnus in the corner, watching with a confused expression. "Magnus Bane! I didn't know you'd be here." She smiles kindly at the warlock. Magnus nods.

"Well I was just leaving, enjoy your night." The Lightwoods nod at the warlock whilst Alisha hugs him tightly. "Good luck peanut." He says before rushing out of the apartment.

"Can I get you a drink?" Alec asks his mother after Magnus shut the door behind him.

"How about a round of Magnus' famous cocktails? Alisha I presume he's taught you?" She chuckles kindly. Alisha nods with a small smile.

"Of course." She comments, walking into the living room with her boyfriends unusually happy mother. "One of the first things he taught me. It was quite concerning since I was only 13." She shrugs making Maryse chuckle at the story. She turns around to meet Alec's confused expression. She raises her eyebrows at him making him quickly follow the pair into Magnus' living room.