•1•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 1 ~ Oɴ Iɴғᴇʀɴᴀʟ Gʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

★ ★ ★

Alicante is a beautiful place. So many buildings and towers made from ancient stones. Watchtowers were scattered around the shadowhunter city, ready to attack anything who dare enters. The golden sun shines on the city, brightening and managing to make Alicante even more gorgeous. One of the main buildings in Alicante, the equivalent to an institute, remains at the centre of the city. A bright blue pond with a small elegant fountain sit outside the magnificent building whilst trees lay in straight lines beside the paths. A small flight of cobble stairs lead up to the balcony of the building where most of the shadowhunters in Alicante are currently. Alisha Herondale stands between her boyfriend Alec Lightwood and her brother Jace Herondale. Her parabatai, Isabelle Lightwood, stands at the end of the row. They stand up perfectly sraight as they watch their friend, Clarissa Fairchild, walk down the isle with a pale silk dress on. She wears a bright smile as she approaches Inquisitor Herondale. All the shadowhunters turn around once Clary reached the peak of the isle, ready to begin her rune ceremony.

"I stand before my fellow Shadowhunters to receive the rune of the Angel. I take this mark to honor Him. To bring His light into me. To join the ranks of the Shadowhunters, the guardians of peace." Clary recites as she and the inquisitor stand opposite each other. A Silent Brother steps forwards with a stele in hand and draws the rune of the Angel on Clary's wrist. Alisha smiles proudly at her friend as she takes the rune with no hesitation or struggling. She turns to her boyfriend who is watching with a confused face. The hybrid frowns slightly but shrugs it off.

"This rune of Angelic Power is well-deserved and long overdue. You are no longer a Shadowhunter in training." The inquisitor pauses for a few seconds. "You have defeated our greatest enemy. Valentine may have used the Mortal Instruments to raise the Angel Raziel, but you prevented a wish from being granted." Both Alisha and Alec watch closely and see Clary look down as well as Jace. The couple frowns slightly but one of them lets it go. "Clarissa Fairchild, may your heroism be a shining example to Shadowhunters across the world. Congratulations." Imogen finishes with a smile and a nod. Everyone begins to clap, happy for the new shadowhunter. Clary looks at the shadowhunters in the room and smiles. Her eyes land on her friends making her smile widen. The red head locks eyes with Alisha who nods at her proudly, knowing how long the girl has wanted this for.

After the Fairchild's ceremony, the Herondale twins find themselves in Alicante's own cemetery. The twins stand in front of two graves. One says 'Stephen Herondale' whilst the other says 'Céline Herondale' the two stand in front of their parents graves, looking sadly at them. Jace holds the family ring on a chain in his hand whilst Alisha holds her mother's necklace, placing the white crystal in her palm and closing her hand around it. Beyond the graveyard, there's a beautiful view of the Shadowhunter city below them. If this place wasn't full of dead people, it would be a lovely place to go. The two stand in silence as they stare at the graves. Alisha sighs and looks at her brother with a sad look.

"Are you okay?" She asks him and Jace sighs.

"I don't know." He says seriously, still staring at the Herondale's graves. "The guilt of not knowing them finally kicks in. I mean, we were the cause of our mother's death, no offence." The hybrid nods for him to continue. "Are you okay?" He asks her, giving her a side glance and watching as she looks back at the graves.

"I guess I just spent all my life thinking I know who I am just to find out I don't." Alisha sighs, placing her head on his shoulder. He kisses her forehead as she continues. "I spent my whole life believing that I knew my parents, that I knew who I was. I thought Eva and Jack were my parents, I thought I was a Lotova, I thought I had two brothers but turns out I only have one, who I love dearly." She says after glancing at Jace with a small smile.

"I know what you mean, Allie." Jace comments. "It's not that I don't hate finally knowing who I am, it's just..."

"You'd like to have known when you were younger." Alisha finishes and her twin nods. The two go back to standing in silence whilst staring at their parents graves. After a few minutes, the hybrid sniffs, smelling someone approaching them. She lifts her head off of her brothers shoulder and turns to see Clary walking towards them. She smiles at the girl and then turns back to her brother. "I'll see you later." She says softly before walking away from him. "Congrats Ree." She tells the red head, giving her a short hug before walking off to find Izzy and Alec. Alisha finds her boyfriend standing at the top of the stairs leading to the building they're in. The blonde walks over to him making him turn around and smile softly at her.

"Where've you been?" He asks the girl as she stands next to him. He places his arm around her waist and kisses her head.

"Graveyard." She states making Alec frown slightly. "I was with Jace, we were looking at our parents grave."

"Baby..." He begins but she shakes her head.

"I'm okay." She says, looking him in the eyes so he can tell if shes lying. He nods at her with a small smile.

"Okay." He says and she rests her head on his shoulder like she did with her brother. Alec shifts uncomfortable making Alisha look up at him with a frown.

"What's wrong?" She asks him and the shadowhunter sighs.

"I was offered a position on the Council. A delegate, under the new Consul, Jia Penhallow." Alec states making Alisha's head perk up with a large smile.

"Wow! Baby, that's amazing! Congratulations." She squeals, giving him a tight hug making the shadowhunter laugh slightly. "I'm sure your family's proud." She says as she pulls away from her boyfriend.

"Actually, I haven't told anyone yet." Alec says whilst watching her carefully.

"Why?" She asks.

"Well, it would mean moving to Idris." He states making Alisha's smile waver slightly. She'd miss him so much, but it isn't about her, it's about her boyfriend.

"Isn't that what you've always dreamed of?" The hybrid questions.

"I always dreamed of meeting someone like you." He says whilst caressing her cheek carefully with his finger. The girl smiles.

"I love you, so much." Alisha smiles and quickly kisses him sweetly. Alec places his arms around her waist whilst deepening the kiss. Once they pull away, her head rests on his shoulder as he pecks her forehead.

"I love you too." The shadowhunter smiles as they look at the scenery around them.