•6•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 2 ~ Tʜᴇ Pᴏᴡᴇʀs Tʜᴀᴛ B

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 2 ~ Tʜᴇ Pᴏᴡᴇʀs Tʜᴀᴛ Bᴇ

★ ★ ★

Alisha, Alec and Magnus walk into Lorenzo Rey's mansion where a part is being held. The Herondale girl wears a dark green dress whilst the boys wear fancy suits. Alisha holds Alec's hand as they walk in beside Magnus. The hybrid looks around and nods at a few warlocks who she recognises.

"Well, here we are." Magnus says whilst looking around the mansion. Alec makes eye contact with a warlock with long brown hair who gives him a dirty look.

"You're sure bringing me here was a good idea?" Alec asks Magnus unsurely.

"Of course, your Alisha's boyfriend, people are dying to meet you." Magnus states with a shrug making Alisha look up at him with a frown.

"Do you just tell everyone about my love life?" She asks the warlock who simply shrugs mischievously. The girl rolls her eyes playfully. She turns to Alec. "They'll love you, baby." Alec smiles at his girlfriend making him mirror her actions.

"Oh, just because you're the only full Shadowhunter at a party full of warlocks doesn't mean you can't have fun." Magnus states after Alisha walked off to find a drink.

"Yeah, well, that's easy for you to say. You've known these people for centuries." Alec states whilst glancing around for his girlfriend to come back, feeling slightly more at ease with her by his side.

"You think that's a good thing?" Magnus questions quickly. "Trust me. I don't wanna be here any longer than I have to. But it's tradition for the outgoing High Warlock to pass the baton on to his replacement." Magnus looks over at Lorenzo Rey whose talking to a group of warlocks. Alec follows his gaze and frowns at the warlock.

"Is that him?" He questions.

"The one and only: Lorenzo Rey, the new High Warlock of Brooklyn." Magnus states with an annoyed tone.  Lorenzo sees Magnus and waves his arm with a smile.

"Magnus! Magnus Bane!" Lorenzo shouts, stepping away from the group of warlocks he was with. Magnus goes to walk away but Alec places his hand on his chest and pushes him towards the other warlock. He then glances for Alisha and frowns when he can't see her. "You made it," he glances to Alec. "and you brought a friend." Alec holds out his hand for him to shake whilst taking the drink he offered him and Magnus.

"Yes, hi, I'm–" Lorenzo cuts the Lightwood off.

"Alec Lightwood, Head of the New York Institute and boyfriend of Alisha Herondale. I expect we'll be seeing quite a bit of each other at your Downworld cabinet meetings." Lorenzo glances at Magnus. "No hard feelings, right, Bane?" Magnus lifts his drink in the air.