Chapter eight: well

The day, for Louisa, has gone by quietly, until now, now  Mirabella is knocking down her door. "Come in" she is tired, she loves her sister she does and after their talk last night she wants to be to here for her even more but she is just so tired. This feeling of being annoyed fades immediately when she sees her sister's expression. Her eyes are red and wet, the tip of her nose is rosier than normal and her bottom lip is trembling. Louisa nearly falls of the bed as she gets up to hug Mira. As she does so she picks the fragile persona and puts her on the bed. She caresses her back and strokes her hair to calm the sobbing body in her arms. It does help, only a bit, but it does. She knows Mira wants to say something but can not seem to bring herself to do so. Her chin repeatedly bumps against Louisa's shoulder. "Do you want to talk or not?" Her soft voice breaks the silence "I do not know." "Well if you know, you know I will listen" the silent hugging returns. Louisa's mind on the other hand is loud. What if she is hurt? What if...? What if mum and dad broke the image of her and Killian, What if he hurt her? She is raging. If he hurt her sister she will kill him. Mira tags her with her head, she wants to talk. Louisa opens the hug and focuses on her sister's sad ocean eyes. "He ... he" it was him Louisa is going to kill him now "Salia" what? But it does not matter "I saw them together in the city" she mutters and stutters those words and can barely say them at all "They hugged and talked and... I knew I would never be good enough for him." She breaks out crying again and Louisa makes the decision to, possibly, kill them both. Was Salia sneaking around to gain information for their plan to ruin them? Is she trying to ruin Louisa without giving away her secret, to show her that she can ruin her life? Why? Wh— her thoughts are cut off by  Liza's knock. "There is a gentleman outside, he wants to talk to Miss Mira." At those words Mira shivers and shakes her head "Tell him to leave us alone and in case of him ever showing up again without an invite there are going to be consequences." Louisa answers and as Liza walks away Mira smiles 'Thank you'. They decide to leave the topic and go out riding.

As soon as they leave the premises Louisa's gaze falls on a figure in the shadows. She believes to recognise it as Killian. Louisa tells herself not to think about it anymore and catch up to Mira. After half an hour of riding they arrive at there destination, a cute lake hidden in the forest by some hills. They sit down by the still slightly frozen water and watch the horses. It is a magical place. It feels so far away from everyone and so secure. The old willow hanging its branches over the water looks a bit sad without its leaves hanging over the water lilies but it has its magic during the winter. Louisa watches the naked branches moving in the slight wind. As she looks up Mira is gone. Panic takes control of her, she stands up and spins around. There she is. Mira is with the Horses and feeding them some apples they brought with them. She smiles wich makes Louisa smile. She walks over to them and caresses her Frisian mare's neck. The tall horse leans towards her a bit an Mira chuckles at the scene. Louisa knows the kindhearted mare and she knows she does not need to be scared but she still is. She has always been scared of horses, maybe it is the massive respect she has for them, she has not a clue why but she is. "Are you better?" She asks her sister. With a fading smile she answers "Well... yes a bit but it still hurts. Why did he do that to me?" Louisa does not know. Why did he? Mira is the sweetest person she knows. Such a kind heart and so gorgeous. Why would Killian take Salia Silverstone over her. Yes, Salia is pretty and she does seem to have a heart but she is argh what is she exactly? Louisa knows she should not think about her right now but she just can not help it. This woman has nearly ruined her and worse she has made her sister sad. What does Mira have to do with their dispute. Why bring her and Killian into it?