21. Report to hell

The clues to the truth lie with everyone other than Jeongguk himself was what I meant in the other chapter, lol. Meaning - pay attention to Jeongguk's hyungs' povs or words. They are the ones who are gonna spill the most.

And some of you seemed to have missed the double update the other day, so read chapter 20 and come back or this one won't make sense :)

*************

Taehyung got stopped before he could even enter the company. 

He rolled his eyes, cursing his luck. How was he supposed to explain to the security what he was there for? And what proof would he show?

After fumbling for a few seconds, he decided to show him their wedding photo as proof that he really was the husband of the owner of the company the security was working at.

The security was the one who began to fumble when his eyes fell on the phone's screen. He immediately lost his attitude and his back bent in half as he bowed to Taehyung. "Ahh, none of that, please," Taehyung said and drove in towards the parking lot without noticing a very familiar person there. 

He grabbed the cover of food he bought for his husband and walked into the lobby, only to get stopped by the receptionist this time. 

"Ahh, Jeongyeon-ssi, hello, how are you?" he asked, immediately walking towards her with a grin. The grin, however, fell when he noticed her glaring at him like he demanded her kidneys.

"How may I help you, sir?" she asked, but Taehyung didn't feel like she was offering him help. He felt like she was going to strangle him if given the chance. He jerked his chin inwards and frowned his eyebrows, but let it go, thinking she might have had a bad morning. 

"I'm here to meet my husband. Where is he?" he asked. "You can't meet him, sir. He is busy. And even if he wasn't busy, you can't meet him without an appointment," she answered. 

"But that's my husband ther-"

"In your personal life may be, but here, he is the CEO and you are just a common man coming to meet him. Protocols are protocols. You must learn to separate personal life from work life," she shrugged. 

"But-"

"No buts, sir. Rules are rules. You better book an appointment and come back or you can leave before I call for the security," Jeongyeon said sternly. 

Taehyung frowned hard at her and the frown slowly turned to a glare but she didn't budge. She simply looked away from him with pursed lips. 

"He had a horrible breakfast. I'm here to give him some food. He is your cousin, show him some merc-"

"He is my cousin in my personal life. He's just Mr Jeon to me here. There are many workers here who skipped breakfast or had horrible food. Do you see their spouses walking in to give them better food? Work is work," she lectured him again. 

Taehyung frowned harder at her. What was her problem really? 

"Lemme book the goddamn appointment," he mumbled through his teeth with his glare still set on her and walked towards one of the seats in the lobby. 

He took his phone out and called Yoongi, whose number he had obtained just the other day. "Hello? Hyung? This is Taehyung," he said when the latter answered. "Taehyung, I saved your number. What's the matter?" Yoongi asked. 

"Haha, okay. I'm at your company and Jeongyeon-ssi isn't letting me come up to meet Jeongguk hyung," Taehyung said. 

"Huh? Why?" Yoongi asked.