5. The big day

Jeongguk didn't contact Taehyung again after their engagement, and Taehyung wasn't surprised. However, he didn't contact Jeongguk either. If the other wasn't going to try, he wasn't going to try either. 

"You are talking to Jeongguk daily, right?" Hyungsik asked during breakfast a couple of days before their wedding and Taehyung scoffed. "My head," he said and Hyungsik frowned. 

"You know him, Appa. He is so fucking rude. I texted good night to him on the day of our engagement and he saw the message the next morning and shamelessly left me on read!! I won't contact him myself again. If he wants to talk to me, he will contact me by himself," Taehyung offered in explanation. 

"He must have let it go because it wasn't night anymore," Hyungsik tried to defend Jeongguk, but Taehyung glared at him. "Don't you dare defend him just because he is going to be your son-in-law soon, Appa. He could have said 'good morning' if it wasn't night anymore. The world doesn't end with the night," he said. 

Hyungsik sighed and let it go. It was between the two of them. They were going to be married soon and it would be their business and none of his, after all. 

"Okay, at least meet him once again and get to know each other more," he suggested but Taehyung shook his head, not feeling too keen on meeting that 'rude-ass motherfucker' as he liked to call his fiance. 

"We're gonna be living together from the day after tomorrow, anyway. I don't wanna see his stuck-up face already," he said in return. 

Hyungsik shook his head again, thinking of how bad his decision had been. It was clear that his son hated this despite saying Jeongguk was the only one he was going to marry. 

 He had a sneaking suspicion that his son had been awake that day when he had gone to his room to apologize and that it was the reason Taehyung was so stubborn about marrying Jeongguk and Jeongguk only. 

That evening, he talked to Jaewan about how guilty he was feeling about the situation, and Jaewan sighed, apologizing to Hyungsik about his son's behaviour. "He used to be such a friendly kid in his childhood..." Jaewan sighed, "even Jihyo and I miss those days sometimes. He hardly talks to us either. I suppose it was the puberty."

The wedding night came in a blink and Taehyung was sitting in his room, still sulking about the conversation he had with Jeongguk that morning. 

"Show me the convo again," Jimin asked with a chuckle and Taehyung threw him a sour look for the fun he seemed to be making out of his situation. 

Nonetheless, he handed his phone to Jimin, who unlocked it with his own fingerprint and opened the text exchange between his best friend and his fiance. 

Taehyung
Hey, good morning :))

Jeongguk
gm

Taehyung
Wow, such excitement!!
Great enthusiasm!!
Super zeal!!
.
.
.
Did you just leave me on read?!
.
.
You left me on read again!!
.
.
.
Give me a reply, asshole!!

Jeongguk
Hi

Taehyung
-_-
.
.
Left me on read again...
.
.
.
Anyways, you excited for tonight?? It's your first wedding!!

Jeongguk
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be the last one as well.

Taehyung
-_-
.
.
.
.
I can't believe you did it again!!
.
.
YAH!!

Jeongguk
+_^

Taehyung
I mean....
I mean, hyung!!
.
.
again...