9. The new angle

"I've been in love with you for quite a while now."

When Taehyung's brain finally processed those words, he screamed. 

That much happened behind his back? Jeongguk started following him, stalked him on social media, fell in love with him, asked Hyungsik for Taehyung's hand in marriage, waited for him to graduate and finally married him? Was that even the right order?

It didn't make sense to him. It made absolutely no sense to him. Not a single action of Jeongguk until then made him feel like the other was in love with him. So....how?

"....how?" he asked, and as expected, Jeongguk didn't bother to answer his half-assed question. 

Taehyung leaned forward and placed his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his palms with his mouth still wide open. He stared at Jeongguk as the other scanned him from head to torso and got back to eating. 

"I have a few questions, then," he said after a while. 

"Shoot," Jeongguk said and got up to throw his empty plate and bowl in the sink. "Aren't you going to eat the food, though?" he asked, gesturing to the untouched Pajeon and stew in front of Taehyung. 

Taehyung scrambled to pick his chopsticks and spoon up, "I'm eating, I'm eating," he said and immediately threw a piece of Pajeon into his mouth, his eyes closing automatically as he enjoyed its taste. "It's great!!" he exclaimed after swallowing it, and dug in, deciding to ask his questions later. They had nothing better to do after breakfast, after all. 

"So my questions!!" Taehyung exclaimed after having breakfast. He crisscrossed his legs tight under him as he settled down on the couch. 

Jeongguk sighed and sat down on the other couch and crossed his arms and legs like he had done the previous night, fixing Taehyung with a stare that reminded him of the fight of sorts they had the previous day.

"Please don't sit and stare like that, it's scary," he blurted out without thinking and then bit his tongue for betraying him so fast. 

Jeongguk raised an eyebrow, but chuckled slightly right away and uncrossed his arms and legs. Instead, he let his right ankle rest on his left knee and let his left hand grip his right ankle loosely. He placed his right elbow on the handrest of the couch and leaned his cheek against its fist, fixing Taehyung with a stare once again. 

"Haha," Taehyung's voice turned a little squeaky, "that's even more scary," he said after realizing that Jeongguk was willing to adjust himself according to his comfort. 

"Ush," Jeongguk sighed and crossed his legs again and this time, he let his right arm rest loosely on his lap and draped his left arm over the back of the couch. 

Taehyung stared as he adjusted himself, his lower lip tightly captured by his teeth. He released the lip in slow motion and when Jeongguk finally fixed him with his typical stare again, he puckered his lips slightly and mumbled, "that's scary too."

Jeongguk rolled his eyes and sat straight and uncrossed his legs once again. He held his arms out and nodded at Taehyung, asking him to come and adjust his limbs the way he wanted. 

"Hahaha," Taehyung's voice turned more squeaky, "you are so funny, haha, sit however you want, I just said you looked scary, hahaha, why do you have to make me feel more scared with everything you do, ha-" he stopped at the raised-eyebrow look on Jeongguk's face. 

"....you can continue, hahaha," he said and gestured for Jeongguk to continue, wondering in the back of his head why Jeongguk was still looking at him like he was an alien.