Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

support

verb ~ bear all or part of the weight of; to hold up

I stayed with my parents for a while, talking to them about what they had been up too. Apparently, Phoenix had arrange for them to move here so I could be surprised when I came back from my trip. They had arrived a few days after I was taken, much to their shock and horror. Explaining what I could, I re-encountered the past three weeks and what I had discovered.

They told me they had a room in the pack house, and mum was going to help in the kitchens. She had said that she couldn't sit around doing nothing and would rather make herself useful. Dad, however, had not decided what he wanted to do yet. Phoenix had given him options and Dad had taken his advantages of father-in-mating to take his sweet time choosing.

"I'll show you where our room is, so you can find us." Dad beamed.

Following them out of the office, I was sandwiched between the two of them, with Dad leading the way. Mum's hand met the small of my back as we approached the third floor and my eyebrows creased in familiarity. We stopped by my old bedroom, but Dad turned the opposite way. Opening a door opposite, we entered a large king size room. Deep red curtains and bed linen greeted me, the floor and walls a soft cream except for one feature wall that matched the red décor. A large king size bed sat overlooking wall to ceiling windows on one corner.

I hummed, stepping inside. "This looks lovely."

"He let us decorate however we wanted. I chose red." Mum smiled.

Dad wandered into the bathroom, gesturing me forwards. Inside everything was white apart from a border of grey and blue tiles. A silver footed bathtub sat to one end, a sperate shower cubicle and duo vanity sink closer to the door. Even the toilet looked sparkling clean. After the bathroom tour, they showed me the kitted-out walk-in wardrobe before Dad sat on the bench at the end of his bed.

"I'm impressed." I laughed.

Mum shrugged. "We already have a lot more opportunities and we've only been here two weeks."

I smiled softly at her relaxed expression. Her age never showed on her face, but her working hands and constant forced smile left marks only visible on closer inspection.

"Well, being on the Beta and Gamma floor gives you that opportunity." I smirked.

Dad's eyes sparkled. "We're that special?"

I giggled, shaking my head. "I used to have the room opposite. This one and one more are special guest rooms, that's where Lyra Johnson stayed; remember her? The girl I thought Phoenix had ditched me for?"

Dad laughed at my frown. "Ah, young love."

Rolling my eyes, I sat beside him on the bench. "It's been a crazy year."

"Yep, and now I'm going to be a grandad two times."

"Well... three times." I bit back my smirk.

Dad froze, and casting a look at my mother, I saw she was the same. Mum was the first to react, jumping to her feet. Her once tired and worried eyes, became wide with excitement.

"What are you saying?" She gasped.

"Three?" Dad asked.

I could see him trying to figure out the maths in his head, a frown on his face.

I nodded, gasping a laugh. "It's twins."

Mum squealed, pulling me to my feet to hug me. Her arms wrapped around my shoulders, squeezing and rocking me from side to side. I laughed, rubbing her back with reassurance. She pulled away, only to grasp my cheeks and peck my forehead. When she finally released her grip, I stepped away from her crazy affection.