17

BEING SWEET WAS NEVER YULIA'S FORTE

BEING SWEET WAS NEVER YULIA'S FORTE. She was a ruthless killer who had hurt and murdered hundreds but now here she was, brushing her fingers through his soft, fluffy hair and tracing his gorgeous features with her fingers. The peacefulness of the moment was evident in the air, especially when every movement she made against his face made him lean further into her touch. Even though he had deep lacerations on his torso and cuts scattered around his face, he still tried to get closer to her, he didn't care that it just hurt him more. If she could kiss all his wounds better, she would in a heartbeat but the last thing she needed was to catch feelings for the broken man that lay in front of her.

Foggy watched them interact and he couldn't help but wonder if they were secretly dating behind his back or something. There is no way two people who were acting like this had no romantic relations, right?

Oh, how Matthew wanted to cling to her tightly and never let her go. He wanted the smell of vodka and chamomile to forever haunt his apartment if that meant she would stay with him. To brush her hair from her face every morning and kiss her shut eyelids. Whisper stupid inside jokes into her ear and listen to her giggle like a school girl. Hold onto her as she stitched him up after his nightly patrols. Feel how her lips would mould into his as he kissed her again and again until they both ran out of oxygen. Oh, he would give everything to experience it just for a day.

Yulia was never sure about love. She was always taught it was a weakness and that it was the perfect way to destroy somebody. Love was too advanced for what she felt right now. If you asked her to describe how she felt now, she would tell you it was like when you are a teenager and you make eye contact with your crush in the school hallway- not that she ever experienced it, she just had watched too many romance movies- or when you accidentally touch your crush's hand and they let you continue until your hands intertwine. The giddy type of feeling.

His breathing got faster as his eyes shot up. The feeling of pain shot through his body rapidly. Pure agony was the only thing he felt as he tried to move. All his movements sluggish as he adjusted to the area around him. He could feel Yulia's hand cradle his face ever so carefully and the way her heart beat faster as he awoke. He was so focused on her, he didn't even notice Foggy staring at him from the kitchen.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Foggy spoke behind him. A beer, fresh from the fridge, was in his hand. "Then again, maybe I would. The hell do I know about Matt Murdock?"

He took a swig from his beer and made his way towards the sofa. As Matthew tried to sit up, Yulia released her hands from him and wrapped her arms around herself.

"You stitched me up?" Matt asked.

"Nope. That was your nurse friend."

"Claire?"

"You had me get a hold of her after you took a swing at me for trying to get you to the hospital."

Guilt was written all of Matt's face as he heard about what he had done. Yulia didn't really ask about what happened with Foggy and Matt after she had arrived. To be truthful, she didn't know what to ask. 'Hi, how are you? Is your blind, vigilante friend okay?"