07

OHIO - 1995

OHIO - 1995

  Two little girls were sat on swings, pushing themselves back and forth. "I'm going to win!"

The light blonde one exclaimed.

  "No I will! I'm older!" The dirty blonde one spoke this time.

  The light blonde looked completely offended by the comment and quickly snapped back "By six minutes!"

  And even though they were competing against eachother they giggled loudly and widely smiled as they got higher.

  A sharp familiar whistle pulled the girls out of their laughing hysteria and they quickly responded back, the dirty blonde first then the lighter blonde. They stopped the swinging movement and got up the swings. The youngest, the light blonde, bent backwards into a bridge then the barely older girl followed

  A girl with blue hair, and red roots appeared from the surrounding area that was covered by trees and greenery. Easily spotting the girls and joining them in a bridge. "We're upside!" The youngest said while giggling.

  "And I bet you're going to fall first!" The redhead taunted also giggling.

  The dirty blonde laughed at her sisters. "No, you will!"

  The light blonde focused on the redhead. "You can't hold it much longer!"

  The oldest, the girl with dyed blue hair, stuck her tongue and made silly noises causing the younger girls to laugh at her actions. The youngest came crashing down first, then the oldest and second oldest collapsed rapidly after.

   They all clumsily stood up and broke into a sprint, chasing eachother. "Told you you'd fall down first. I told you! I told you! Told you so!"

  They circled the wooden jungle gym and as the twins gained speed on the redhead, the light blonde tripped over, hitting the ground with a thump. A cry sprouted for her mouth calling for her mom as she cradled her leg. The girls rushed over at her worriedly, hugging her but their mother soon came over and comforted the crying girl.

  The mother looked at the girls curiosly. "What happened?"

  "She fell on her knee." Explained the blue haired girl. She stood up and walked towards the jungle gym. The dirty blonde still stayed glued by the light blonde's side.

  "Oh you bump your knee?"

  The girl hummed out a reply "Mhm ."

  The mother bent over and kissed her knee lovingly and wiping away her tears, "Oh, come on, little one. Get up. You're okay." She spoke gently as she tugged the girl up, "Come on. You're a brave girl. Your pain only makes you stronger."