14

BLOOD

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

  BLOOD. All she could see was blood. It was on her hands up to her forearms, her clothes were sticky with it, she was completely and utterly covered in it. Mutilated bodies lay around her, knife and gun wounds covering their bodies like they were dead prey and she was the predator. The predator that was hungry and blood thirsty, searching for a good meal and when it finally found it, it snapped. Teeth digging into flesh, tearing, drooling, mauling. A terrified man sat on the ground in front of her, waiting for her to kill him. Minutes passed but she never moved, just frozen in place like a statue. Blood dripping to the floor slowly, adding to the blood piles beside the corpses. Eyes that had seen the worse of the world looked down to her blood covered hands, barely blinking.

  A sharp breath entered her nostrils, traveling down her trachea into her lungs. The deformed bodies didn't bother her. She was disturbed with what she had just done, she was supposed to just kill the men and leave one standing, not beat them so bad their bodies were barely recognizable. The fourteen year old girl waited for Dreykov to find her and take her back to the academy. Suddenly hands perched themselves onto her shoulder then started to move down her arms and stopped before it reached the blood, a voice whispered into her ear, "Good job my wolf."

  Dreykov walked away from her and started asking questions to the shaking man, he would give a sobbing reply and repeat. Apparently there was a governmental concern going around and he needed to sort it out, the man knew information he needed. Once Dreykov got the questions he needed, he made his way towards Yulia and moved his head towards her ear, "I'm done here, finish the mission and go to Alina." 

  So the young widow did what Dreykov requested of her, she picked her gun off the ground and aimed it towards his head. His lip quivered as he sobbed harder, a prayer escaped from his mouth right before the gun fired a bullet into his skull. The impact of the shot sent his upper body flying back, hitting the floor. Yulia followed the rest of his instructions and went back to the car where the older girl sat. The older girl passed a towel to her which she happily accepted as she didn't want the blood on her any longer than needed to be. She scrubbed at the blood on her arms and hands until her skin was red and irritated. Even after what she had done she showed no emotion, she just stared straight on and patiently remained still beside the girl who also seemed void of emotion. 

  Yulia sat up on the bed gasping for air, she crossed her arms and clawed at herself. Gently rocking herself back and forth until she was able to reassure herself that she wasn't there anymore and she was free. She heard somebody shuffling about before throwing themselves backwards onto the bed beside Yulia. Jessica obviously noticed how shaken she looked and asked, "Are you okay?"

  "Yeah." Yulia knew she couldn't pretend she didn't look like she just saw a ghost so she decided to tell Jessica part of the truth, "It was just a stupid nightmare, one of many I keep having."

  They were both quiet for a moment before Jessica decided to speak up. "I have them too."

  Yulia leaned back and laid beside her, resting her head slightly on the older woman's shoulder. They lay in a comfortable silence for a while, enjoying each other's company. Background checks were something both of them did. Yulia did some on Jessica but not too much, the black haired girl made it clear the previous night she done one too. They already found out stuff about each other so they didn't need to ask many questions- well the background check on Yulia was no use as it was all fake.

  Jessica's charcoal hair brushed against her face, an idea forming in her head. Yulia grabbed a piece of her hair and twirled it around her finger. "Jessie..."

  "No. Don't even think about it." Jessica tried to wiggle away from her but Yulia kept her seated. "You want me to paint our nails too? Oh let's put on some make up too while we're at it."

  Feeling offended at her accusation, Yulia pouted and gave Jessica her best puppy eyes. "Please Jess! Just once! You will look cool, I promise!"

  "No!" Jessica finally removed herself from her friend's grasp and crawled out of the bed. "I'm hungry and in need of a drink." 

  She took off towards Yulia's fridge to get a beer and search for a meal. Her stomach growled at the thought of a nice tasty meal. Begrudgingly rolling out of bed and hitting the floor with a thump, causing Jessica to look over at her place on the floor. Jessica rolled her eyes and spoke up, "Want a beer?"

  Yulia muttered out a "Please" and used to bed to help her get up. Her hands rubbed against her face before catching the bottle that was thrown at her. "Seriously, Jones?"

  Jessica looked like she was contemplating what she was about to say next which started to make Yulia feel uneasy. Jessica always said what came to mind and never held back, it was one of the reasons why Yulia liked hanging around her. Why was she holding back now? 

 "Can I ask you something personal?" The blonde raised an eyebrow, making Jess continue on with her question. "How did you get your powers?"

  Yulia tugged of the bottle cap and threw it in her bin without even looking. "Doctors gave me a serum after they... sterilized me."

  Yulia walked to her kitchen worktop, setting down her bottle and staring at it. Her fingers tapped a combination of random notes but she didn't look up, she didn't want to see the look of pity in Jessica's eyes. She hated pity.

  "Oh, uh--"

  "Don't even think about saying 'Oh I'm just so sorry, I didn't know!''." Yulia mimicked a whiny teenager girl's voice for the fake apology. Finally she raised her head to look up at her friend. This time it was Jessica's turn to look away and avoid eye contact. "You?"

  "I woke up from a coma."

  "You got powers from a coma?"

  Jessica gave a shrug in reply and took a sip from her beer. The two friends trusted each other, even if they have only known each other for nearly a month. They didn't need to follow the main rule of marriage, communication, instead they knew how each other's minds worked. Jessica was selfish, she didn't like to deal with her problems, she drank her body weight in bourbon, a loner with severe anger issues and ignored any help that was offered to her. Yulia was selfish too, vodka was the only thing to comfort her in two decades, she was somebody who took no shit from others and would beat their asses in a second if they looked at her wrong, and she liked her own company over others. Jessica and Yulia were too alike at times. 

  The older, black haired woman with super strength and the younger, blonde woman with a slightly weaker super soldier serum running through her veins were a duo. A pair that nobody could pull apart. They were platonic soulmates that were always supposed to be friends, they were people who would always stick together no matter what. A pair that shared a bond like nothing else before. For Jessica, Yulia was somebody who understood her and didn't judge her for her actions. For Yulia, Jessica was somebody who knew what it was like to struggle with control over your mind. 

  Two alcoholics sat in a small studio apartment, attempting to postpone the inevitable. Two alcoholics who believed they were on their own, unknown to the fact a famous blonde and a brunette- well technically auburn-  with a law degree would help them with anything they needed. Two alcoholics with non biological families who would always hold a place in their hearts.

AUTHOR'S NOTE----------

i was planning to write a chapter with matt but i decided jessica needs more love and attention. i am currently watching the last season of jessica jones and honestly trish is getting on my nerves a little but they are sisters so i have to tolerate her. get ready for our catholic guilt filled vigilante and sad assassin.