12

[The first part of this chapter was not written by me! It was actually an article from the Dutch magazine Pop Foto in 1977.
"Why Agnetha cried silently"
I don't think that actually happened, but that the reporter wrote a little fan fiction himself back then without declaring it as such...]

She was fed up with it. She was so terribly fed up with it all that tears were running down Agnetha’s cheeks. For weeks she had been pushed back and forth with her pregnant belly and still everyone was snapping at her.
For the ABBA-movie Agnetha would do almost anything, but this just went a bit too far for her!

“Come down now, dear, you will be all right!”

Björn was standing at the bottom of the high stepladder and shouted impatiently at his wife. Everyone had been being impatient with her lately. Why couldn’t they just leave her alone?

Agnetha felt the tears welling up in her eyes. A sad feeling got hold of her throat. Couldn’t they all understand that she wasn’t able to do everything as quickly, now she had been pregnant for several months. Certainly not rushing off a high and shaky stepladder!

A big teardrop was running down her cheek, and another one. Björn was swinging the stepladder to and fro.

“Would you hurry up!”

he shouted angrily from beneath. Agnetha stood still, clenched her fists and held her breath. She would love to be at home right now, to prepare herself peacefully for her second child. But instead, everyone shouted at her and she hardly saw her little daughter Linda... Her back was aching and her legs were shaking from exhaustion.

“Shove it!”

she suddenly yelled furiously.

“You can all shove it with your stupid movie!”

With one stroke she ruined her smudged make-up and sat down at the top of the stepladder, sobbing silently!

“But, but...”

a startled Björn stuttered.

“Shut your mouth and get her off that stepladder, mister,”

Frida snapped, whose attention had been caught by Agnetha’s furious exclamation.

“Don’t you understand this is all too much for her? You guys seem to think that having a baby is just a piece of cake!”

[end of quote]

"Don't touch me!"

Agnetha hissed when Björn tried to help her down. She gritted her teeth and slowly, step by step, climbed down the ladder.

Frida had tried to hold back, but she couldn't bear to see her like this. She rushed to the ladder and rubbed her back reassuringly when she reached the bottom.

"It's okay, you can rest now."

Still holding back her tears, Agnetha didn't meet her eyes, instead she took her hand and led her to the dressing room.

As soon as they closed the door behind them, Agnetha collapsed into her arms, sobbing.

"I can't do this anymore. My back is aching... and I'm so exhausted."

"Shh, It's okay now, you don't have to anymore. You can rest now."

Frida held her close and whispered calming, soothing words into her ear until she calmed down.

"I'll tell Björn to take you home."

Agnetha pulled away and looked into her eyes, her face still wet with tears.

"But I want..."

She blinked like she'd just come to her senses and looked down as tears welled up in her eyes again. With a heartbreaking sigh of frustration, she threw herself into Frida's arms again and began to sob violently.

"What do you want darling? Tell me."

Agnetha shook her head in resignation and buried her face further into her neck.

"Tell me. It can't be so bad that you can't tell me. What do you want?"

When Agnetha spoke, every word sounded like a confession.

"I... I want to be.... with you. Only you."

Fridas heart clenched painfully at her words. If only she could stay with her and take all this away from her.

But then again, why couldn't she? Agnetha was not Björn's property and it should now only be about what she needed. Screw Björn. Screw everything.

"I'm going to take you home."