11

Thank you so much for your stars ⭐ and comments. 💖 I'm always happy for any feedback. ♡
‐---------------------‐---------------------‐--------------------

Lidingö, Spring 1977

"Frida, can you come over? I need to tell you something."

Frida had secretly hoped to hear from Agnetha and to be able to visit her while Benny and Björn were in Los Angeles. But now that she was calling her in the late evening, she was mildly concerned.

"Yes, of course. ... Are you all right?"

"Yes, I'm fine. But I'd rather tell you in person."

"Okay, I'm on my way."

When Frida arrived, Agnetha was already waiting at the door and motioned for her to be quiet.

"Come in, I just put Linda to bed. If she hears that you're here, she won't sleep anymore."

They both smiled, knowing how fond little Linda was of Frida and how overexcited she got every time she came to visit.

They went into the living room, sat down on the sofa and Agnetha started nervously wringing her hands.

Frida looked at her encouragingly.

"What is it?"

"I... I think I'm pregnant."

It sounded like a confession and Agnetha looked at her with a mixture of hope and fear.

Frida raised her eyebrows and smiled at her reassuringly. She was mentally prepared for this moment. Knowing that motherhood fulfilled Agnetha and gave her stability in life. And she wanted nothing more than for her to be happy.

"Why do you think that?"

Agnetha looked relieved about Frida's reaction.

"I missed my period."

"Since when?"

"Last month."

"But you haven't seen a doctor yet?"

"No. I wanted to test at home."

It took Frida a moment to process this information. Then she asked the most obvious question.

"Did you tell Björn before he left?"

"No."

Agnetha looked down guiltily.

"Why?"

"Because..."

Because I wanted you to be the first to know. Because I need you in this.

"I... I don't know. ... Would you...  stay with me while I'm waiting for the results? It takes two hours."

"Yes, sure."

Frida took her hand and linked their fingers.

"Are you afraid?"

"To be disappointed, yes. And also if it turns out positive... The timing is extremely unfavorable, with the movie shooting and the album..."

"Don't worry about that now. That is not important."

She was such an amazing human being. Her career was everything Frida had ever fought for. But here she was, by her side in a heartbeat, saying that none of that mattered when it came down to it.

Agnetha gazed at her, gratitude and affection radiating from her beautiful blue eyes.

Suddenly, they heard the sound of small footsteps approaching in the hallway and let go of their hands just before the living room door opened.