Chapter 3

My mom decided to let me have a few days getting used to the town and our new house before making me go to school. Today would be my first day of attendence at Columbus High School (A/N i dont think this a real school but sh it doesnt matter) and i was really nervous. I quickly threw on my favorite Fall Out Boy shirt and a pair of ripped skinny jeans. I walked down the stairs and grabbed my backpack and car keys. I gave my mom a kiss on the cheek and was out the door.

I entered the school into my phone's GPS as i got into my car. Lucky for me it was less than a mile away so i couldn't get too lost. Not too shortly i pulled up to my new school. I grabbed my bag and hopped out.

Since I didn't really know anyone I just went inside right away. No one was really in the school yet, i guess i was a little early. From behind me I hear a very friendly voice call out from behind me.

"Hey!" said a short girl with very long, dark hair. She wore black rimmed "nerd" glasses and a Doctor Who shirt.

"Oh, uh, Hi," I replied.

"You must be new here. I'm Autumn. Autumn Sykes," She told me.

"Oh, yeah I am. How'd you know?" I asked a bit surprised.

"Well no ones here this early unless they had water polo practice and you look a little lost."

"Could you point me to the direction of the office?"

"Of course! It's right down this hall and to your left. I'd walk you there but here comes my boyfriend Mike. Have a great first day, uh I'm sorry I never quite caught your name."

"Thanks and my name is Melinda."

"Bye Melinda!"

I made my way to the office and got my scheduele from the nice lady sitting behind the counter. I took a look ever my scheduele and almost cried when I saw I had math first period. Math is probably the worst way to start off your day. I walked to room 138 where I had math with Mrs. Springfield. There appeared to only be about 3 kids in the room. I saw a lady at the desk in front who I presumed to be Mrs. Springfield.

"Uh, hi. I'm new here. My names Melinda Carver."

"Ah, Melinda! So nice to meet you! I'm Mrs. Spingfield. School doesn't start for another ten minutes. You can sit next to Josh in the back over there." She pointed at some kid in the right side of the room and I followed her gaze to see a guy with blue hair.

I made my way to the next to him and plopped down into the seat.

"Hi. I'm Melinda"

He gave me a weak smile and simply said "Josh."

I took that as a sign to stop talking to him. Maybe people in Ohio just weren't as talkative as people from Chicago. I got out my phone to send a quick text to Lizzy.

To: Lizzy

From:Me

So i just got to my homeroom and i sit next to a super cute boy

I didn't know how long it would take for her to reply since apparently Ohio is one hour ahead of Illinois. But knowing Lizzy, she was wide awake waiting for any updates. I opened up tumblr and as i did i noticed someone was tapping on a desk. I turned to look at Josh and he just sort of looked at me and quickly stopped.

"Oh, no it's fine you can keep doing it," I told him

He straightened up in his seat and just gave me a shy smile and said "I like your shirt."

"Really? That's so cool! What's your favorite song?"I asked.

"Sophmore Slump or Comeback Year." He replied.

"I love that song! By the way, I like your blink-182 braclet," I said.

He just smiled in response. I suddenly noticed how many people were in the room now. My phone buzzed and I saw a new text from Lizzy.

To:Me

From: Lizzy

Get it, girl!

To: Lizzy

From:Me

omf you're so gross Lizzy. well anyways he likes blink and fob. i think were gonna be great friends. gotta go bell just rang love you <3

I put away my phone and got out my notebook and began taking notes. I took a quick glance at Josh. I already knew it'd be difficult to focus in this class simply because I suck at math, but sitting next to a cute boy? I'm so gonna fail.