5

The door to the kitchen slowly opened . I sat in line with the door, looking down at my phone on my lap I heard Jason speak in a shocked tone
"Bernie Wolfe is that you?"
He turned the lights on and well that was the answer to his question, there I sat at Serena's kitchen table with s nervous look spread all across my face.

I was very scared to see Jason's reaction to me being in his Aunt's house. Even in Serena's eyes I am not more than a work colleague bit I see her as my c...rush, that's a hard thing for me to say as someone who doesn't openly show emotions.

I was so scared I started to go bright red.
" I am only here because I am having a messy divorce and I need a place to stay"
Jason came and sat at the table on the chair to my left, I stared at Serena not knowing what to say, She just glared back I was still scared what Jason's reaction was going to be.
Serena joined us at the table and we began to explain my situation and how I came to be living with his Aunt.

Serena explained it in a way to which it made it sound like we were really close which I didn't expect from her, maybe I was wrong about her.
Maybe I had this woman completely wrong I was filled with a warm feeling thinking of the possibilities of me and her.

After about fifteen minutes Jason was accepting and he started talking to me and I really enjoyed talking to him as both our days were exhausting and I needed a chance to relax. I had talked to Jason a bit before but now he started to talk to me like a friend or more like family which I really loved.

I felt loved for the first time in a really long time I felt appreciated, by Jason and most importantly Serena.