𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

tribridbeauty Thank you for the idea :)

Davina was reluctant considering Elijah was an original and could have a motive. 

"Look Davina if I wanted you dead you would be dead." Elijah sighed.

"So you want me dead?" Davina quirked her eyebrow.

"Do I look like those witches?" Seeing Davina wince too soon. "Either way do you want to go or not I still need to get my car." He spoke the last bit to himself.

He had left his car outside Rousseau's after visiting Cami. He would need to get it on the way. 

"I don't know if I can trust you yet." Davina crossed her arms. 

"I give you my word Davina Claire that I will not kill you and will not leave if we go." He assured her, but in the end, his words meant nothing to her. 

"That means nothing to me." Davina bitterly spat out thinking of all of the false lies she was sung by her fellow coven at look what happened to her because of it. 

"Then let me prove that it can mean something to you." Elijah added with a slight frown, realising why she had gotten mad. 

"Fine, but just so your aware I'm currently holding most of the power in my coven. If you so much as set a foot out of lin-"

"You'll take me down." He quirked an amused brow.

"Yes." She nodded her head firmly.

"Fine by me let's go to this jazz festival then."

-

Davina's face lit up seeing all the people, naive people, wandering around happy and taking in the sights.

"This is amazing." 

"Better than being in an attic all day?" Elijah glanced at her as they wandered the streets. 

Davina smiled tightly, "It is safe there." She nodded to herself as if trying to reassure herself that the attic was in fact a good call.

"It might be." Elijah mused before continuing, "However you would get restless at some point."

Davina didn't answer realistically she knew that Marcel keeping her in an attic like Rapunzel wasn't a permanent solution, it was a temporary one, one that ensured her safety. 

"I thought we were here to relax." Davina asked redirecting the conversation she wouldn't talk about this not with a vampire she didn't trust or know. Yet a little voice in the back of her head asked, why would you allow him to take you away from the safety of the attic if you didn't trust him? Another part of her brain answered, Because I'm a harvest witch now and I can take him down if need be.

Elijah and Davina enjoyed her birthday by wandering the town of New Orleans and a part of Davina began to trust Elijah due to the kindness he was showing another part of her reasoned he was doing this because he sees you as an enemy and wants to tear down Marcel from the inside. 

Unknown to Davina if she really was seen as an enemy to Elijah she would've been dead by now. 

-

Authors note

Hi I'm back, sorry this update has taken a while after this chapter it will go back to the plot. Thank you for your patience and seeing this book through :).