Chapter Twenty-Two

A few weeks had eventually passed with multiple friends visiting Kongpob and giving him their support.The bland hospital room soon filled with color as different plants were brought in from visitors.He had lost count of how many gifts people were bringing in,some of the flowers in the room were even set on the ground.Kongpob refused to throw away any that weren't dead despite Arthit asking him multiple times to throw some out.Eventually with some reassuring Arthit had managed to convince Kongpob to allow him to bring them to his dorm to help make some space.

After moving some of the flowers Arthit goes to move the flowers off of the bedside table but was stopped by Kongpob.

"No, not those ones"

"Huh? I thought you agreed to moving some of these"

"I did but those ones are special"

Kongpob grabs the vase from Arthit setting it back down on the beside table.

"What so special about them? They are just ordinary flowers"

"They are special because you bought them for me"

"I didn't buy you flowers"

Arthit tries to keep a blank face but when Kongpob smiles he turns around moving some of the flowers.

"I'll take some of these down to the car"

Arthit then rushes out of the room causing Kongpob to laugh.A few minutes later Kongpob had began to scroll through some channels on the tv but doesn't find anything interesting,His attention moves back to the vase full of pink peony's,he reaches a hand out and light touches the soft petals before glancing down at the dirtied water.

'You could use some fresh water..'

Not knowing how long Arthit would take to get back Kongpob had got up taking the flowers with him to the bathroom.After being in the hospital for a few weeks Kongpob has been moving around a bit better and often now,it still caused some pain but the doctors had said that would be normal with the healing process.

'Hopeful I can leave soon'

Kongpob drains the water and adds fresh water into the vase before bringing it back in the room,setting it down in its usually position.He walks by the door peeking his head out to see if he could spot Arthit but he doesn't see him.

'Still out?'

'There's nothing to do...All thats on the tv is boring soap operas'

'I wonder if Wad will stop by today,maybe he could sneak me a cigarette..'

He sighs peeking out the door again but still no Arthit in sight.

'I'll go on a walk,maybe stop at the canteen for a coffee'

Kongpob grabs his phone and wallet before walking out of the room and down the hallway.The hallways of the hospital were rather bland, only having a few paintings of different houses or plants.The bright white lights shined down on his as he continued walking down the hallway looking for some sign or direction of the canteen.

'I hope its near by...The smell of rubbing alcohol is making me dizzy'
Kongpob lifts a hand to cover his nose as the smell was becoming a bit over bearing.Having been in the hospital a few weeks you would have though he would have been use to the smell or at least know directions to where he was going but he didin't.Arthit hardly let Kongpob do anything himself, he would still scold Kongpob despite him being able to move around better then before.

"If you need something just tell me! You shouldn't be moving around much!"

He chuckles remembering a scolding he got a few days ago when he tried to going to the main lobby to get a snack from the vending machine.