Chapter 7: Retribution ✅

Start from the beginning

"Idiots!" Mai cursed, jumping into the hole and kick-flipping at the last second, canceling out the fall damage.

She saw Midoriya standing, though looking like he was in pain, with his arm bruised and purple, right in the middle of the hole.

"Midoriya!" Mai yelled in anger. "You could've killed Bakugo and me! That was reckless!"

Midoriya looked shocked. "W-what? Are you okay? Wait, where's Kacchan?"

"Knocked out on the 3rd floor." She pointed up. "I injected him with a sleeping drug but he should be waking up now."

As if on cue, an explosion sounded up on the 3rd floor. "FUUUCK YOOOOU QUIRKLESS BITCHHHHH!!"

~At the Monitor room~

(Your POV)

"THE MVP IN THIS MATCH IS IIDA!" All might announced. "ANYONE KNOW WHY?"

"I do," Momo said, raising her hand. "Iida adapted the best to the situation. Watching the fight, Bakugo's actions were clearly motivated by a personal grudge, and thus arbitrary. As for Midoriya, a destructive attack indoors is just idiotic, it doesn't matter if he was getting desperate, he could've seriously injured both his teammate and Bakugo." Momo said without pause. " On that note, Mai reacted correctly when the building blew up by dragging herself and Bakugo out of the line of fire."

Bakugo looked ready to explode while Mai kept her kalm face. It was like a scene straight out of a meme.

"Iida devised a counter-strategy against the opponent because he correctly assumed that the match would revolve around the core, although he was too slow to react to that last attack. " Momo finished. "The only reason the heroes won was because this is a training exercise with substituted variables."

The class was silent.

"I... I would also add that Iida was a bit stiff, but well done!" All Might congratulated her. (She said it better than I could!)

"Right! Next battle!" All Might moved on.

~Tiiiime skiiiiiip~

(After changing)

'So that Todoroki froze the entire building in a second and then we got the nuke. Looking more closely, the nuke looked very similar to the one I bombed Bejing with a few years back. Based on this information, I estimated how far ahead we are than the rest of society in technology: a hella lot' You told Mai telepathically.

'In medicine and science too, seeing Recovery Girl's office.' Mai added. 'I pretended to have sprained my leg in that battle'

'Oooh! Great job. Anyways, that Todoroki is the son of Endeavor, and he doesn't seem to have a strong will. I feel like we could recruit him if we tried. Looking into his mind, I found that his father has been abusive because he wants him to be #1 for him. Endeavor is a hero we hate, so with all that new info, we can get him in jail. Or use tha art of blackmail.'

'That's actually a great idea.' Mai pushed back a strand of hair.

You two reached the door to class 1-A and opened the door. Instantly, the people who were crowding around Midoriya rushed over to talk to Mai.

"Hi! I'm Ejiro Kirishima! You took out Bakugo so easily!" A red-haired boy flashed a thumbs up at your friend.

"Want me to buy you a drink later? What do you like?" A boy with the words 'denki kaminari, electrification, 328394...' above his head attempted to flirt with your friend. Key word: Attempted.

"Thanks, but I'd rather have the money." Mai didn't spare the boy even a glance.

"Ooooh! A cold beauty!" The blonde blushed. "Hate-to-love relationship it is!"

"Don't we have to hate each other to make that work?" Mai walked to her desk and grabbed her backpack. You followed.

"Ah. You got me." Kaminari dramatically moved the back of his hand to his forehead, pretending to faint.

He reminds me a lot of Solar. Although Solar ain't that cocky. You noted the resemblance. "We have somewhere to be. Buzz off, amateur."

You flung your backpack over your shoulder and walked out of the room, Mai at your side.

Did i add a meme last time? idk

anyways, here's today's meme:

I call it "the idealogy of bakudeku"

Any bakudeku shippers?