24. Looking for Charming

"Have you seen a black bunny hopping through here?" asked Ame as she stood in front of a street food vendor.

She didn't know how long she had been looking. All she knew was that it had been for a while. The sun had just been starting to set when she had left, but now it had fully set. The air had also taken on a bit of a chill without the sun. She wished that she had grabbed a coat on her way out of the apartment, but she hadn't been expecting to leave. She hadn't been expecting to do anything too strenuous today. This was supposed to be her sick day, and now here she was looking all about for her bunny as it got colder. Now she more than likely would get sick. How ironic.

"I'm sorry, miss," said the vendor as he looked at her. "I haven't seen a bunny anywhere."

"Well, thank you anyway," said Ame as she moved to step away.

As she turned around, she almost collided with the person that was standing behind her. The person behind her was dressed up in a way that completely disguised themselves from her view. She had no way of identifying them unless she reached out and ripped off their hood, beanie, sunglasses and face mask.

"Sorry," she said, about to move past him when he spoke.

"Are you looking for a bunny?"

She turned to look at him, her face filling with hope. Perhaps he had found her lost Charming.

"Yes. Do you know where he is?"

"No, but I can help you look for him."

"And you are?"

"Your new neighbor," Jungkook said simply. "At least one of them. I saw you tear past us after the bunny so I came to help."

"So you've been following me?"

"Yes. I..."

"Creep," she said as she brushed past him.

So this was one of the people that Ruby had invited to dinner. Lovely company. For all Ruby knew they could be killers. They certainly knew how to stalk.

"Wait..."

Jungkook sighed as he turned his head to see Ame walking off. This was a wonderful first impression. This was starting off spectacularly. He moved to follow after her.

"You are not my shadow so you better not be following me like one or I'm calling the police."

"The police?"

"Or I'll beat you up myself," said Ame.

She really wasn't in the mood to deal with some creepy neighbor. After all, if he wanted to help, he would have come up to her sooner instead of trailing along behind her.

"Why am I a creep?" Jungkook asked.

"Because you've been following me this entire time instead of announcing to me that you're there and you're there to help!"

"Well, I was going to. You were just so fast it took me some time to find you let alone catch up with you," explained Jungkook as he continued to follow after her.

"Ha!"

"It is the truth!"

"Ha!" said Ame again as she stopped on the sidewalk, turning to see that Jungkook was just a few steps behind her. "Stop following me!"

Ame hated that - as she stood there - she started to shiver. She didn't want to appear weak in front of him. However, the night had gotten colder, and on top of that, the tears of despair at losing Charming were finally beginning to overwhelm her. Cold, crystal like tears slid down her cheeks as she wrapped her arms about herself. She turned her head aside as if hoping that Charming would hop back into her arms out of the dark.