t w o

A/N: i'm back at it! just to clarify so we're all aware john = baby john, i had a whole worry people wouldn't get that but anyways, also the image above is Florence (Cordelia's friend) because I hate not having an image, enjoy!

Cordelia came to an immediate halt as she reached a small coffee shop around 5 minutes away from Doc's. Entering the shop she took a small table close to the window and gazed out the window allowing her mind to roam.

Her thoughts felt scattered. Venturing from her favourite colour to what she wants in life in mere seconds.

"Get a grip.." She softly mumbled under her breath, her emotions were just out of control lately with all the strange shit Johnny's been pulling. Her mum's lash outs were typically a complaint about how many times she's visited or her picking out every detail of Cordelia's life and criticising it, but never would she venture into Johnny's endeavours.

What the hell could she had been so mad at Johnny for?

A fluffy black purse lightly knocked the table as the sound of a chair being placed backwards could be heard. Cordelia peered upwards and beamed at her friend.

"Well hi Florence, nice of you to pop in,"Cordelia cheered, "I am graced with your presence."

Florence rolled her head back at her friend accompanied with her iconic eye roll.
"Yes, I get it, I had a fashion emergency though! I couldn't decide on red or blue slip ons!" She exclaimed widening her eyes to show the 'importance' of the matter.
Cordelia observed her friends shoes and responded with an arched eyebrow of confusion.

"You're wearing black heels, Flo."

"I decided to switch the outfit completely, what do you think?" Florence remarked batting her eyelashes.

"The black shoes and heels work well together, really suit the funeral look." Cordelia praised.
"If you weren't my friend I'd totally kill you." Florence joked.

"So it's my funeral we're attending?"

"Lets just order our coffee." Florence advised with a joking deathly look in her eye.
"Boy, do I need a coffee."

The friends walked out into the streets, suddenly enveloped in the warm feeling of sunshine, grinning from ear to ear. As they proceeded past a clothes shop Cordelia flashed her middle finger towards the door, they both had been working there for 3 years and the manager was a sexist pig who lowered their wage after every "sass back".

"Cordelia I can't believe the luck we can both work together," Florence grinned looking at her friend, "All we gotta do is convince people to purchase clothing. If there's any cute boys you better take a shot!" Florence exclaimed, giving a little nudge to her friend.

Cordelia giggled, giving a small smile to her friend, "It's not going to be love at first sight as he's trying to decide what jeans to wear."
Florence gave her a look and rolled her eyes, "Let's go in, want to make a good impression don't we!" Florence said, smiling.

They'd finally been able to buy a flat together and then immediately got fired from their jobs, not perfect timing. Despite this, Cordelia couldn't stand her mother for longer so they quickly scavenged for jobs near their area. This clothes shop, despite the dodgy alleyways and gang violence filled streets, offered them money, and that was enough to ignore all other factors.

"What time does the shift start tomorrow?" Florence groaned.
"9am-6pm I'm pretty sure, we all know 9am is equivalent to 7am in fucking Andy's mind though and I can't stand another wage docking." Cordelia scoffed, they both felt infuriated by their manager and attempted to swiftly move topics. Keyword is attempted.

Police sirens shrieked loudly as they edged nearer to some wirey fence, and large disputes could be heard. The friends stood frozen for a minute just covering their ears from the blare.

"What the hell?" Cordelia huffed, removing her hands from her ears as the police cars moved away. Florence looked at her, concerned, they both knew this was to do with the 'Sharks' and 'Jets' but never had actually been close to any of their fights. Panic flushed Florence's face and the friends both listened into some comprehensible conversation as people began to clear.

"Let me take a look at that ear." A voice chimed, the voice was laced with care and pride for the person, the kind of voice that could compel you to any task with a word.

They both peered through the gap of the fence wire weaved together and observed the gang of 'Jets'. Most fitted with tank tops and rough jeans, dirt scattered on their face, some evidently injured from their encounter with the sharks.

A young boy had another taller man scanning his ear, it was heavily bleeding.
"Holy shit, is that a nail in that kid's ear?" Florence muttered to Cordelia, opening her mouth in shock.

Cordelia looked further at the 'kid with a nail in his ear'. Her face completely dropped, her eyebrows narrowed in frustration and she scowled.

"Is that my fucking brother?" Cordelia hissed, despite her immediate concern, she was fuelled with anger. Why wouldn't he tell her?

Florence instinctively looked at her friend, knowing Cordelia wouldn't hold back on her thoughts and feelings. She attempted to hold Cordelia's wrist and get her to consider the environment she's about to strut into but it was too late. Cordelia sauntered through the opening in the fence and made a beeline straight towards the young boy fitted with black shaggy hair and a nail in his ear.

"John, having fun hanging out with your friends? What the fuck is this?" Cordelia scolded, her vision felt blurry but she still fully focused on John, disregarding the others.

John looked up into his sister's eyes with full concern, he felt immersed in embarrassment as all the other Jets turned to gaze at the woman staring daggers into his eyes.

"Baby John, who's this then?" A random voice from the group blurted.

"Baby John? Shitty nickname but atleast your age has been recognised, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Cordelia growled, she felt slightly exposed as she acknowledged other people could also hear her but was still drugged on complete rage.

She grabbed her brother's wrist and he followed along, to the gate entrance, Florence glared at him and he shuffled slightly.

"Clicky! How much are my nicknames going to get mocked today?" The voice spoke. Cordelia lifted her head up and her eyes connected to the tall, seemingly leader of the group.

Cordelia involuntarily widened her eyes in shock and felt too exposed. As she tried to keep herself calm the man quipped again,
"If you're that destined to meet me see you at the dance tonight." He said with a smirk.

That cocky bastard. Cordelia went against all her instincts and raised an eyebrow,
"See you at the dance."

A/N: I've had this whole story planned for ages in my mind so uh, expect quick uploads, what'd you think? hope you enjoyed.