𝙻𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸. 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚡𝚒𝚊

Start from the beginning

"Knew what?" Regulus said although he knew what his mother meant.

Narcissa took a deep breath and exhaled. "Did you know she's in love with a woman? Did you? Did Draco?"

The blonde boy turned around to face his mother and just by the look on his face, Narcissa received her answer. She didn't manage to say anything but bit against her trembling lip.

"She didn't tell you because she was afraid," said Regulus.

"What? Afraid of what?" Narcissa asked quietly.

Regulus swore that if he was ever to see his sister again, he would make her pay for making him do this.

"She knows you love her, mum. She knows that but she was afraid to tell you and dad about this woman she's seeing. Violetta didn't know how you and father would react, also she knew that she was going to get disowned no matter what. Abraxas holds too much power," Regulus explained, his head leaning against the doorframe.

"And besides, I think it made the whole relationship more intruding when she had to hide."

Narcissa thought about her son's words. She had made it her life work to remind her children that she'll love them no matter what but then again, she never thought they might do something so "out of character".

Violetta being with a woman wasn't completely out of character but it was unexpected. Narcissa and Lucius had taught their children the pureblood ways and explained to them what their futures should look like ― without pressuring them to make any decisions until they are ready.

"How long has she been with her?" Narcissa asked.

Regulus shrugged. "Since her last year but they did take a break just before Violetta told you everything."

"And I presume you know who she's with?"

"Yes," Regulus said quietly, avoiding his mother's gaze.

He thought his mother was going to ask for a name but she did not. Instead, Regulus heard a suffocated sob. He lifted his head to see his mother crying against her hands to avoid making any sound but she had failed miserably.

"Mum... she just didn't know how to tell you. It has nothing to do with..." Regulus started.

"She thought I would kick her out," Narcissa muttered, interrupting her son. "She thought that I wouldn't love her anymore. That's right, isn't it? That's why she didn't tell me."

Regulus said nothing.

"Because for the past few months I've been running myself down with why she didn't tell me, or to your father. For Merlin's sake, I think your father would be more than glad to know that a man wasn't going to take his daughter away. A-are we bad parents, Regulus?"

The blonde boy sighed heavily. "Mum, don't be ridiculous."

"I don't care what I have ruined in my life but I don't want to ruin my chances of being a good mother to you and your siblings and...."

"She was afraid of Abraxas!" Regulus exclaimed. "She knew Abraxas was going to disown her without another thought. Violetta just wanted some time with her family before doing the unthinkable."

Narcissa pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head. "She would have said something if her father was around. She favours him."

"She does not. None of us favours one over the other. Listen, I understand that the revelation of Violetta's feelings was a shock but it has nothing to do with you or father. She didn't know how to tell and she didn't want to get disowned," Regulus argued.