Chapter- 16 (Discredited)

Start from the beginning

The gap of information was the thing Ryuuen targeted, filling it up with uncertainty.

Ayanokouji used to tell her that their relationship is profit based, yet she felt a sense of harmony while working for him, even though she didn't sense the same from him.

"Just like your past, things are repeating. No matter how much you try to avoid it, you can't."

"Huh? Stop speaking nonsense." Her expression was alerted, her eyes shifted restlessly.

"Did I hit a soft spot? Kukuku. Guess who told me about your past?"

His lips curled into a smile; Karuizawa felt betrayed.

"No way. He would never do that..."

"Are you sure?"

Ryuuen had figured out her past on his own. For 'X' to have such precise control over Karuizawa, he figured out that 'X' must know about it as well.

Asking leading questions just fed her doubts. Karuizawa sat down and ruminated over her situation.

"What will you do if I expose your past? Every other student you hurt will come after you. They're done licking their wounds, and ready to attack you."

No matter what choice she makes, Karuizawa will make an enemy. Her headstrong attitude had earned her a good amount of enemies.

"That's crap. I am not afraid of them." She tried to lie, but her voice didn't sound convincing.

"Hah. In my eyes you were a smart woman, but look at you now: you're regressing. Aren't you afraid of what will become of you if this continues?"

"I... will endure it. Once this exam ends, I will deal with Manabe myself."

"Once this exam ends I will do this; once this exam ends I will do that. What if you weren't there to see the end of this exam?"

"........."

—----------------------------------------------------------

(Ayanokouji's POV)

The final event was on its way. Any further delay would've meant risking a lot for Ryuuen. The silence softly spoke for itself. Even the students listened to it quietly. Even the seniors who didn't have any interest carried out their meal quietly. Confrontations like these had an unspoken priority to it.

I was planning to collide with Ryuuen head on, but to my surprise, Karuizawa didn't give up my identity till now. Foreseeing such events, I had asked Karuizawa to not contact me during this test on the bus. Despite that, I didn't expect her to follow those orders to this extent.

At the moment, the two individuals were engaged in a psychological warfare that I can only imagine. A few minutes had passed since he sat down. It must've felt like a long dream filled with hopeless sorrow to her.

At last, Ryuuen stood up. But I didn't see any signs that pointed towards me.

"If the average of your small group falls below because of you, then what will you do?" he said, raising his voice.

"....." Karuizawa stood silent, her mind looking around. She had walked into a trap, and now the only way out was to give up my name.

"You will have to take the responsibility if because of you Manabe gets expelled."

The way he was announcing it in front of the cafeteria, it was meant to be a message for me.

"Huh? What crap is he spouting? Is Karuizawa dragging down the group or what?" Sudou asked me.

"Seems like it."

"Sounds troublesome." Akito added.

Ryuuen walked around Karuizawa, circling her while he looked at other students.