.68. Seb

In the morning,
I knew me.
In the night,
I knew him.
And at twilight,
We loved.

. . .

Fabiano

Smoke swirled around us as we walked. The faint music from a club a few blocks away could be heard in the quiet tattoo parlour. The lights were neon at the entrance, a man sitting behind the counter who lifted his head as we approached, his dark skin lit up by a red light and a simple lamp sitting on his counter.

His silver earring dangled, coily hair falling over his forehead as he moved his eyes from me to Giovanni and then to Leyla.

"Hello," he spoke, a smirk coming on his face. His voice was smooth - I had seen him smooth talk his way into beds a lot more times than I wanted to. "Giovanni, Fabiano and....you." His eyes moved over her, assessing her curiously.

"Hi," Leyla said, a forced smile on her lips as she hesitantly met his gaze. I took her hand into mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze. I was awarded a genuine smile.

"I'm Sebastian Cartier," he said, extending his hand towards her, the rings on his dark tatted fingers glittering.

"You don't have to shake his hand if you don't want to," I whispered in her ear.

She nodded but shook his hand anyway. "Leyla Campbell."

Sebastian smiled at her and then looked at me, rubbing the side of his neck and his eyes narrowed in a glare. "You don't have an appointment. "

"Who do you have to tattoo right now?"

He pointed at a small man sitting on a couch, looking right at Leyla's ass. His greedy eyes moved up and down her. He looked thrice as old as her.

"Well," Giovanni said, rage leaking from his voice. "Allow me to free your schedule."

He walked to the man, grabbed his collar, and dragged him out of the parlour. The man struggled but Giovanni's grip was rigid.

"Fabi-"

"Don't worry about that baby," I muttered to her, returning my eyes to Sebastian who now, probably figuring out that Leyla was important to us, looked at me curiously.

"We've got a picture," I said. "Leyla wants a tattoo. This better is your best work, Seb."

"Every work is my best work," he said, taking his leather jacket off and throwing it on some chair. "Let me get someone to watch this for me and then we can get started."

. . .

The private room was tiny and had pages scattered all over it. In the middle was the chair. The lights were piercingly loud here.

Leyla took my hand in hers. "Where is Giovanni?" She whispered to me. She was worried for the man who had been staring at her. She had not noticed him - but I had. This was not the good part of the city - if she were alone I did not want to think what would have happened.

I needed to clean this place out soon. Too many disgusting crimes happened here.

"Alright," Sebastian said, entering the room. "I've got your design. You have the permission of the artist, right?"

"Yes," Leyla said.

He hummed. "Okay. Sit down here. If you need anything tell me. We can take breaks. It's your first tattoo and at a tender place so it will hurt." He looked her dead in the eyes. I saw nervousness flash on Leyla's face. "But you'll look fucking badass with it."

She smiled, this one was genuine. "I hope so."

She sat down and I instantly pulled a chair to sit down beside her, something Sebastian raised his eyebrows at. He has seen me with numerous women, something I was not very proud of. I was not known for relationships - I didn't have time and the need to be with someone.

With Leyla, it was different. Maybe because I was willing for something more or perhaps because I could not think of anyone being as perfect as she was.

Sebastian wore his glasses, putting a metal headband on his head, pushing his hair away from his face. He wore his gloves. "Tie your hair up, please "

She quickly made a bun and settled it with a stick. I resisted the urge to pull that stick out.

He cleaned the side of her neck, making sure he was at the right spot. Did all of the other shit he needed to do before tattooing her.

I looked down at my phone. Too much time had passed. Where the fuck was Giovanni?

I texted him, asking where he was. He didn't answer.

I looked at Leyla who was clutching my hand for dear life. Her cheeks were flushed, wide brown eyes uncertain and nervous. She had assured me she wanted the tattoo, but I knew she wouldn't be able to get through this if one of us wasn't here.

And well, Sebastian was a big motherfucker. He didn't look friendly with every inch of his body covered in tattoos except his face and a small part of his neck.

I knew for a fact Leyla wouldn't be comfortable if I went out to look for Giovanni.

So I waited.

. . .

Halfway through the tattoo, she asked for a break. Her skin was red, her red nails dig into my hand and her eyes were glossy. Sebastian looked guilty even though he hadn't done anything.

"I'm sorry," he muttered. "You want a power bar?"

She nodded, sniffling. He looked more guilty as he handed her a bar. She tore it open, eating slowly. I kissed her cheek. "Can we have a minute, Seb?"

He nodded and walked out.

She set her head against my shoulder. "I feel like I may pass out."

"Neck is a sensitive area. We can stop now if you want." I looked at her neck. Only half of it was done.

She sighed. "It's too pretty to not complete."

I hummed. "Whatever you want, Leyla. I'm right here."

. . .

Hellooooo

My cousin asked me for book recommendations and I accidentally said 'From Blood and Ash'. In case you don't know - it has smut. So...yeah. She's gonna tell her mom who's gonna tell my mom who is gonna barge into my apartment with an 'I'm not angry - I'm just disappointed.'

Someone throw a fucking chair at me - please.

. . .