.19. She is mine

"If you must die, I'll envy even the earth that wraps your body"

- Albert Camus, state of siege

. . .

Leyla

Giovanni moved me till I was sitting on his one thigh

Giovanni moved me till I was sitting on his one thigh. His hands kept caressing my back gently. I kept my face hidden in his chest. My tears were done.

I moved to get off. My pussy brushed against his clothed thigh and I froze.

He pulled me impossibly closer, his arms steel around me, making it clear he was not letting me go anytime soon.

"Giovanni..." He was pressed right there. I felt the familiar tingle and my thighs clenched.

He hummed. His one hand gripped me by the waist and moved me just a little. I gasped, feeling myself throb.

I touched myself sometimes. I hadn't for what must be months. Of course, my body was ready to jump at the pleasure Giovanni's thigh gave me.

My cheeks flushed as he moved me again, just a soft nudge, and a tiny whimper left my mouth. I sealed my lips shut, eyes widening.

I just cried all over him like a toddler and how I was humping on his thigh.

He grabbed the back of my neck with his large hand and made me look at him, his one hand gripping my hip.

His eyes were burning, his lips set in a cocky smirk which should have annoyed me but all it did was make me want him to move my hips again.

"Needy, hm?" He tilted my head, exposing the side of my neck. He moved my hips once again and I fisted his suit in my hands, mouth opening in a breathless gasp.

"Tell me what you want," he kissed my jaw, his lips soft. Oh God, this was happening. "And I will give it to you in a way you need it."

I opened my mouth but was cut off when I heard it. A scream. It echoed in the mansion.

Giovanni pushed me off his lap, set me down on the couch and stood up. He reached into the inner pocket of his suit jacket and took out a gun.

I watched, wide-eyed.

He looked at me, every bit of emotion gone from his face. "Stay here. Don't step out. No matter what you hear."

I nodded furiously.

He walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I stood there, my heart beating loudly. Was someone hurt? It sounded like a female scream - was it Olivia hurt?

. . .

Fabiano

"What the fuck is that?"

The maid was shaking, pointing at the box which was thrown on the floor feet away from her. "I-It's...It's..."

Useless.

Giovanni entered the entrance hall without Leyla. She must be somewhere safe. He looked at the maid and then the box.

He walked to the box, picking it up.

He opened it.

Olivia gasped, her eyes winding with horror. All of us froze.

This could not be real.

But the severed head in the box was really familiar. Too familiar.

I felt myself burn with sorrow, and then with anger.

"Miss Summers," Olivia whispered. Xerxes picked her up, taking her away.

Giovanni carefully set the box down on a table, his whole body tense.

I forced myself to look at the served head. She was dead.

She had saved us years ago and now...she was dead.

Men like you, your brothers and your father can never keep anything beautiful. The words echoed in my head. You ruin it all. This mansion may be beautiful. But it'll never be a home.

Jack had warned us about the Testa family.

She is promised to Cassian, he had said. He will come for her.

Cassian Testa was an assassin. All of his four brothers were. They worked for no criminal organization. They worked for whoever paid the most. Politicians, businessmen, military men - no one was safe from them.

We had offered security to Miss Summers - which she had declined, too angry.

"Fabiano."

Giovanni looked at me. His eyes were burning, jaw set in a hard line that said he was seconds away from snapping.

I looked at Mattheo, a made man in our mafia. "Look if there's a note."

He nodded, searching the box. He pulled a yellow paper out. It had blood all over it. He flicked it open.

"'You can't steal from me. She is mine, all paid for. Give her to me unless you want another head.' It's signed C.T."

Jack had taken the money from Cassian. I doubted he even had any interest in Leyla - it was a matter of pride.

A pride I would cut out of him very soon.

I looked at Luca. "Organize a funeral."

. . .

Not entirely happy with this chapter ngl