.39. Shut up

Love without sacrifice is like theft

- Nassim Nicholas Taleb

.

. .

Leyla

He was not a nice teacher

"Concentrate, Leyla."

I huffed, sweat tickling down my forehead. I was not in gym clothes but I doubted he'd let me go and change.

"You are not supposed to be throwing your arm at it."

I stopped. "I can't."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Saying I can't doesn't save you from people who want to hurt you, little girl."

"I know!" I was frustrated. "I said it o every man who hurt me and none of them stopped."

He watched me. "How many?"

I turned my face away. "I don't want to talk about it."

He threw me over his shoulder.

"What-"

"Shut up." His hand came down on my ass. I whimpered at the intense pain, the throbbing between my legs increasing. Damn it.

He walked to an unknown door and marched inside.

"Fucking knock, asshole - what did she do?"

Fabiano set me down on the desk.

Giovanni looked at me and then at Fabiano. "I'm lost."

"There are more," Fabi muttered. "Like Cameron, there are more."

Giovanni's playful expression disappeared. He picked me up gently and put me down on his lap. Fabiano leaned against the desk, looking down at me.

"Baby," Giovanni said, I could hear the anger in his voice. "Who else touched you?"

I looked down at my hands. "No one," I whispered. "I lied."

"You didn't," Fabiano said, cupping my face with his tatted hand. "You are lying now. Who else touched you?"

I blinked my tears away. "You won't be able to hurt them."

"Why?" Giovanni asked softly.

"They are powerful...like my father."

"You think we can't hurt your after?" Fabiano asked.

"Why else have you not hurt him? I know he wronged you."

They watched me.

"We know about Olivia's slip up," Giovanni muttered. "I was waiting for you to bring it up. But changing the subject is not going to do anything for you. "

"Tell us," Fabiano said, crouching down to look me in the eyes. The ice in his eyes had intensified with anger. Not at me. "Just tell us the names."

I gulped, feeling as if he had hypnotised me with his eyes. "There were six of them in total..." I told them the names.

They stayed quiet.

"They are all politicians," I whispered. Both of them were looking away from me. I felt ashamed. "All with families and kids, some of them have daughters of my age and the same happens to them."

Giovanni let out a breath. Fabiano pressed the heels of his palms on his eyes.

"Six people," Giovanni whispered. "They all..." He looked murderous. He cupped my face and kissed the corner of my mouth. "Never again."

"No one will hurt you," Fabiano vowed. "This reminds me, I have a vow to make."

He grabbed a knife from nearby, Giovanni's office seemed to have knives scattered around.

"I don't want-" before I could finish, he cut his palm and said the same words Giovanni had.

I looked at his hand and then Giovanni's which was tied in a badly done bandage. "Can I bandage you?"

They nodded. Fabiano walked to a joint room and came out a few moments later with a large first aid kit in his hands. He picked me up again, putting me on the table.

I opened the kit and took what I needed.

I wiped the blood off, wincing at how bad the wound was. He could have made a tiny cut but no, he had to make a large one. I dressed the wound, feeling his eyes on me, and then put a bandage on it.

"Is it okay?"

He nodded wordlessly. I turned to Giovanni and took his badly done bandage off. I cleaned his wound and dressed the wound.

"Is it okay?"

He nodded.

They both looked to be in a trance as they looked at me.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked, eyes flickering between them.

Fabiano shook his head. "You're perfect, Leyla."

"So perfect," Giovanni kissed my hand. "A fucking angel."

I was not an angel.

"You have to shower," Fabiano said after a few moments. "And then come for breakfast. Okay?"

I nodded, hoping off the desk. I walked out of the room, feeling their eyes on me.

Closing the door, I leaned against it for a moment, looking up at the ceiling.

My heart felt full. They had vowed to never hurt me. Something maybe I shouldn't need so much reassurance for but they had cut themselves open for me, to gain my trust.

I looked down at my hands.

They were not going to hurt me. That much, I was sure of.

. . .

Finally, she doesn't think they'll hurt her. Fucking finally.