.35. Yes, what?

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine, and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.

-Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

. . .

Giovanni

"Suspects

"Suspects." Luca put the pictures down in front of me. "They've been spotted around the airport many times. They look tough enough to be an assassin."

I looked down at the pictures. There were five of them.

I examined the pictures. I knew a killer when I saw one.

So it didn't take much time to spot him.

"Him," Fabiano said, pointing at the picture in the middle.

It was a blurry picture. The only thing visible was the tattoos creeping up his neck, almost hidden by the hoodie he wore. The hood was pulled up on his head yet I could not his light coloured hair. His eyes were looking right at the camera and his lips twisted in a smirk.

"He wanted to be spotted," I muttered. "Send the picture to every underboss. I want him alive."

Luca nodded at once.

I got out of the chair, eager to get home. I wore my suit jacket.

Fabiano spoke up. "Put some men on looking at the CCTVs. I want to know which flight he took here. We'll be able to track down his brothers like that."

Luca nodded again and Fabiano and I walked out. We were at a club we owned, one of the many.

We walked out of the backdoor. My motorcycle was there, along with Fabiano's Bugatti.

I got on my motorcycle. "Race you to the mansion?"

"You know the traffic is a bitch this time, Giovanni."

"Pussy."

I started the motorcycle and soon enough, was zigzagging through the traffic. It parted for Fabiano who was just behind me - crippled by the traffic.

I took in a deep breath. Leyla would like this. Of course, I'd be a little slower for her. But the thought of her sitting behind me, her arms wrapped around me, and her little body completely pressed to mine. It drove me fucking insane.

I reached the mansion half a minute before Fabiano did.

"Pussy."

"I'll take my motorcycle tomorrow," he grumbled as we walked back inside the mansion.

She was right there.

I approached her, kissing her forehead. It felt natural to do that. "Have you eaten?"

She nodded. "Rosa made cake." Her voice was hesitant. It was obvious she was still coming to terms with her red ass.

Fabian walked towards her and gently touched her ass. She bit that delicious lip of hers. "Hurts still?"