Chapter 12: Wind Has Blown, It's Twilight's Rise

Percy's POV

Where was Wind? He literally said he was going to the bathroom. How was he going to find us? We were on the Princess Andromeda, and Wind was nowhere in sight. He was our only chance to escape.

That's when Wind charged in, surrounded by the Party Ponies, a sight that I never should see.

"THAT'S RIGHT!" Wind shouted, "ENDLESS PUNCH IF YOU ATTACK THESE IDIOTS!"

They all let loose against them. The Party Ponies grabbed all of us in the chaos.

"Ah, Wind. You were quite brave today," Chiron ruffled his hair, "But what do you think is going to happen now?"

"I'm going to be taken back soon," Wind sighed. "The chain awaits me. But hey, I'm pretty sure we'll meet again. Until Hylia brings me back, I'll enjoy the time I have with you guys."

We definitely did. As the fleece was draped over the lowest bough, the moonlight seemed to brighten, turning from gray to liquid silver. A cool breeze rustled in the branches and rippled through the grass, all the way into the valley. Everything came into sharper focus—the glow of the fireflies down in the woods, the smell of the strawberry fields, the sound of the waves on the beach. Gradually, the needles on the pine tree started turning from brown to green. Everybody cheered. It was happening slowly, but there could be no doubt—the Fleece's magic was seeping into the tree, filling it with new power and expelling the poison. The next morning, after the party ponies headed back to Florida, Chiron made a surprise announcement: the chariot races would go ahead as scheduled. We'd all figured they were history now that Tantalus was gone, but completing them did feel like the right thing to do, especially now that Chiron was back and the camp was safe.

Wind looked sad for some reason. He spent time watching the tree sometimes, saying things. He even introduced himself. One day, I walked up and hid behind.

"Hey...uh, I'm Wind. You might know me one day, you might not." Wind sat down. "Please treat everyone here well. Don't let anyone hurt you or manipulate you. Kronos did this for a reason."

So, when Thalia returned, a bright light descended onto Wind. We all knew it was coming. Wind waved.

"You're Wind?" Thalia asked, "You were...speaking to me-"

"May Hylia be with ya, Thalia," Wind said, the light growing stronger. " Cya!"

Tears were shed, yet it didn't feel like goodbye. It's true: it felt like 'see you later'. It truly was.

~~~

NO POV

Wind told the chain everything, after a heartfelt reunion. It was wonderful, and the whole story was explained. Afterwards, they hung out at Outset Island, killing black-blooded monsters and having a good time.

~~~

Percy's POV

The only person not surprised at the sudden flash of moonlight was me. It only meant one thing...someone had arrived. After the moonlight faded, a young adult stood there. He had dark-ish blonde hair and eyes as fierce as a wild beast. He work dark green, like how everyone else (save for Wind) wore green as well. Immediately, all weapons except for Nico, Bianca, Thalia's and mine were pointed at him.

He raised his hands like in surrender slightly.

"Look- sorry. I thought I was going to Ordon Village, but I got teleported here or something," he admitted.