Am I back?

(Ji Ho's pov)

I opened my eyes and saw a white ceiling. I was lying somewhere but I didn't know where. I tried to look around me but I couldn't move my head. I moved my eyes as far as I could and I could feel someone's presence beside me.

"Ji Ho, I'm sorry. I should have been there for you when you needed me the most. I should've been there...."

'Appa?' I spoke but no words left my mouth. 'Appa! Appa! Am I back?' I was struggling to speak.

"I'm not a good father. I should've explained myself while I still had the chance. It's my fault you're here today."

'No Appa....it was never your fault. I should've never pushed you away from my life.' I could feel tears forming in my eyes already.

"I shouldn't have called her. She got in this mess because of me, ajhussi. I put her in danger." My best friend, Ma Ri was also here.

"Do you think she can hear us? I think I've never treated her like a sister ever in my life. I never knew that it was my mother who made her life miserable. I have a lot to apologize for." Hye In, my step sister said. I've never once in my life blamed her for anything. We don't choose our parents.

'It's okay. I'm okay...I'm back from that place now. You all are with me now.'

"Are those tears? Appa, she has tears in her eyes." I heard Hye In, my step sister say.

"Really?!" I heard my father standing up from beside me. "Doctor! She just made a movement!"

I heard multiple footsteps approaching us. Then I saw some people wearing white coats and masks. "Check her pulse."

"Her heart is beating abnormally."

"Give her a dose of this."

I saw them pulling out a syringe and injecting something in me. I felt my brain going blank again.

'Appa....Ma Ri.....Hye In...I don't feel good.' I was feeling lifeless. 'No....'

••••••••••

"No!" I sat up breathing heavily. I looked at the person sitting beside me. "I'm still here?"

"That's right. You have not died and you're alive." Court Lady Oh said.

"I didn't mean it like that." I whispered under my breathe.

"You're still unmarried so I checked on you instead of the doctor."

"Thank you."

"The doctor said that the cut will leave a scar." She said pointing at my arm.

"I know that. That was my intention. But how did I lose sense? I didn't slash my nerves."

"It was because of the blood loss."

"This Ji Eun is so weak."

"Do you hate the idea of being the king's wife so much? You would have got all the wealth and prosperity you could wish for. Why did you even propose in the first place?"

"I did what was better for the people I care about and I will keep doing that. I have someone's promise to keep."

"It's good to know that your intentions are pure. Everyone is aware of it." I nodded looking down. "You're going to be punished for it soon. You should prepare yourself for that."